M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your take on the manual safety modification to the Glocks?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The gunsmith I worked with (very good one) said they were unnecessary as the pistol is safe just as manufactured.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am just used to the manual safety ala 1911. I have three Glocks that I am thinking about having them modified. Curious if anyone had the mod done on any of their Glocks

·
Registered
3 Posts
not a fan of the safety mod on glocks or any other pistol designed with out it, Ive carried a glock without a safety for years with no trouble. Though im proficient with pistols with safeties ( eg berretta 92, CZ sp-01) and carry them regularly, i just prefer them without

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Not needed.

Because of "regulations" I had to carry a Glock 17 [9mm] as a work gun for several years. I carried 2 of them at all times.
I carred the No2 in my left front pocket, round chambered, and never had any "suprise" rounds fired...

While a Glock 17 "ain't no" 1911, and it "ain't no" 45 ACP...

It is a very reliable, shootable, and rugged hand gun.

It is one of the best non 1911, non 45 ACP handguns on the Planet...

·
Registered
33 Posts
A gentleman on another forum asked about the trigger safety available for Glock pistols and the consensus was overwhelmingly against them. I am very inclined to agree with this assessment. My G19 functions fine as delivered from the factory and if you practice sound trigger discipline you wont have a need for another safety on your Glock.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
I'm no Glock expert but it seems to me like it's a gimmick to try winning over the people who don't like Glocks because they don't have a manual safety.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts