M14 Forum banner

Op Rod Spring Guide Modification

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Sven 
#1 ·
At the request of HueyGunner, here are some pics of different Op Rod Spring Guides and NM modification.

Thanks a bunch Jeff!

See less See more
#2 ·
Aloha Hawk and HueyGunner:

I think this information and pictures are excellent information. And since this is something that will not change and would be useful information to all in the future as well... it might be good to keep somewhere like a knowledgebase? Just my $.02 cents... Thanks Jeff... the pics are excellent!

Aloha,

Tom O.

#5 ·
pics

tom/hawk:
thanks for getting those pics out the way i intended them.
i suck at computers so i really appreciate when you guys can make chicken salad out of chicken crap for me. hope everyone enjoys this stuff and thanks hawk for setting up that special section as tom suggested. jeff

#8 ·
Brookfield Op Spring Guide

Hawk:

Thank you for the pictures. Do you have a source for the Brookfield OP Spring Guide. I've not found anyone who has it in stock.

Everyone raves about it, what makes it so good?

Does Brookfiled have a web site?

Thanks,

Tom

#11 ·
I mentioned this at BattleRifles, but it may be of interest to some of you looking for a quality alternative to the pricey, hard to find (albeit quite collectible) Brookfield unit.

I have a few of Mike Sadlak's spring guides and am very impressed. They are around $35 and are nicely made. The only reason I'm plugging them is 'cause they are good, and I want to give support to those supporting the M14/M1A platform with real (not gimmicky junk) components.

Sadlak Industries
860-742-0227
Nadeau Industrial Park
Unit 7
PO box 202
Coventry, CT 06238

#12 ·
Aloha PapaFoxTrot:

Welcome to the Firing Line! Thanks for the heads up and I think that info would be handy to keep in the M14 Related Links and Site Update... the more companies that we can realiably go to for parts and stuff will be GREAT!

Do they (Sadlak) also carry other M14 products? Do they have a web site running? I would love to check them out and find out other things that they have... Cool!

Aloha, Best Wishes and Welcome Aboard!

Tom O.

#15 ·
oprod guides

guy's:
i had a real nice and long talk with mike sadlak the other day. and ordered 2 of his oprod guides, based on what i found out here and from what mike and i discussed he even e mailed me his product line.
this is top drawer stuff guys i think his stuff is equal too or better than brookfield.

he only makes 2 kind of the oprod guides one hollow and the other solid he also makes scope rings tactical style.

i discussed with him about possibly making national match parts he said he needed good drawings as he could not seem to get any without them being so blurry he would go blind reading them.
i said no problem as i have all of them and can blow them up to whatever size he needs to get the specs right.
i think he might make the windage knobs and the nm sight bases first .
i think there is a big enough market out there for him to turn a profit from us m1 and m14 shooters. what is your take on this guys?
i just want your inputs hawk sixty tom o msgt fng. hueygunner

#18 ·
How can the oprod guide makes the M14 more accurate? Is there somewhere a site where I can read/ learn and recieve some accurizing tips (exept this one and Battlerifles ofcourse..).

Roger

#19 ·
Aloha DutchMan2:

Do you already have the Kuhnhausen Shop Manuals for .30 cal Rifles and Duff's M14 Owner's Guide? Both have detailed information on creating a consistent movement within the M14/M1A rifle and apparently a round op rod spring guide or similar permits smoother and more consistent spring compression and expansion.

This is usually combined with a Match (wider than standard) op rod guide as well... which permits the op rod to more consistently travel in an aligned path.

All in all, both books seem to suggest creating the most consistent lockup and movement to all barrel attached components. At least in my interpretation of these books... They are good reference guides...

Just my $.02...

Aloha,

Tom O.

#21 ·
Ricca only sells Brookfield op rod guides on commission, and he lists them on Ebay. They bid up to about $100... then hold, and usually close at $115-125.

If you are patient, you can find one for $100, shipped.

I'm very enthusiastic to hear about manufacturers who are building NM parts! Let's support these folks who are supporting us!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.