M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having an issue with my op rod moving out of place and protruding into the mag well on occasion when i remove a magazine, any body have any suggestions to fix this issue? by the way its a Springfield nm m1a in a troy mcs

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
I think you are talking about the op rod spring guide tip, is it sort of triangular or pointed ? If so, it is suppose to protrude into the magwell...and hook into the hole in the front of each magazine........the op rod cannot protrude in the well as it is mounted in the receiver rail outside the receiver.

·
"Death From Above"
11,432 Posts
Your conector pin is what holds the spring guide in place. It may have slipped to the side and the guide may have come loose. Pop the action from the stock and check to make sure the pin is installed correctly.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Connector Lock

The connector lock is moving too far and releasing the op rod spring guide into the mag well. If the stock is not thick enough in the area that is supposed to hold the connector lock in place, you'll need to add a spacer to keep the connector lock from backing out.

You also may have a shorter than standard connector lock, in which case you could find a standard length and replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts