M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my previous post with pics showed, I recently had an LRB / TRW built at Smith Enterprises with a Douglas medium weight barrel.

Well, I had two mint walnut USGI stocks and could not decide which one to use. So, figuring that I would never be happy with one beautiful empty stock sitting in the corner, I emailed Lou at LRB and asked the "needle in the haystack" question; "Would you by chance have a receiver with a serial number that was just before or just after the one that I have?" The email came back, "This must be your lucky day." Lou had set aside three consecutive numbered stripped receivers for barreled action builds but had sold one of the three to me two months ago.

So, I just purchased serial #1042 to go with #1043 that I already have. I had intended to get one of the newer "stamped" serial numbered receivers, but considering that I could acquire a consecutive numbered one, even though both have the dot stippled serial numbers, just jazzed me to no end. This second one will be built as an identical TRW/Douglas twin to the first.

A matched set...........you gotta love it :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

note to self: "Remember this is an investment"

·
Registered
188 Posts
Lucky Day

Congratulations Snayper, it surely was your lucky day. Can't wait to see the pics of the "Twins" down the line. I also still feel that in the future, the dot matrix receivers will be the ones everyone will try to buy.

Darrell

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Double your pleasure, double your fun!
Christmas came real early.
Congrats to ya.
\:D/ 8) \:D/

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Snayper:

Just as a "THOUGHT"... if Lou set aside three receivers, wouldn't it be an idea to get all three... even if you don't make complete rifles of them right now?

I know I am talking "BIG" bucks but it is a thought... this is a "lifetime" opportunity here... for 3 consecutive numbers....

My thinking went along this line... 2 consecutive numbered whole rifles or 3 consecutive numbered receivers with one whole rifle... which would be better? Hmmm... Again, just a thought...

Aloha and Happy Holidays!

Tom O.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To Dighawaii,
Actually, I did not want to post it, but since you mentioned it, Lou was kind enough to suggest holding the third receiver for me until after the holidays. Were you reading my mind or something 8O? Yesterday I did however, order a third unissued USGI walnut stock :wink: .

To Azski,
I have considered a bush barrel and may in the future, but I really love those standard length Douglas medium weights. Seems like the short barrel would produce a lot of muzzle blast. Had a British 303 jungle carbine once that about caused me to go deaf! But anyway, going to drop by Smith Ent. on Monday or Tuesday to discuss the project details :p . Will let you know.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hey Warbird!
... :lol: I like that! :wink:

Snayper,
It makes perfect sense... but I always worry about suggesting to others in spending their money... Good for YOU!!! That is an excellent move! You have to give Lou credit for being a GREAT guy and holding on to the "3rd" for you until after the Holidays! You gotta respect a guy like that!

Aloha and Happy Holidays!!!

Tom O.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.