M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this M1A that was shipped 7 days after the assault weapon ban went into effect. The ban was effective 09/13/1994 and this rifle was shipped 09/20/1994. Per the law it was manufactured before 09/13/1994 as it came from the factory with a bayonet lug, but shipped after the ban started. I have everything rifle, box, hangtag,etc that it came with. From the factory it came with a TRW bolt,barrel,op-rod and rear sight. The TRW bolt is a brand new one right down to the etched M on the bottom and unparked roller. The barrel is one of the nicest TRW barrels I've ever own with a nice complete chrome breach face with no park on it( looks like it came off a brand new rifle).I refinished the black painted stock and put a all TRW trigger group in it. I've read that the last preban M1A was right around 084000, this ones close.
White Air gun Musical instrument Trigger Shotgun
Handwriting Rectangle Font Wood Parallel
Handwriting Font Rectangle Parallel Paper

I

·
Registered
774 Posts
I just love those ventilated covers - never owned them. Someday...

My barrels are all pre-ban...USGI issues. LOL. I bought my Fulton receivers post ban - so all my rifles have bayo lug. The only one that does not have a lug is the Super Match w/ the vertical grip stock.

Nice rifle you got there. They all look very sexy, don't they?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Very nice rifle OP. Everything about the M14 just looks perfectly balanced (to my eyes, anyway).

All my M14-type rifles are built on LRB receivers, but I'd love to own a SAI M1A or two ("one is none, and two is one") like that and marked with "7.62mm" on the heal to round out the collection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts