M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
No doubt about it .....

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0603/SixTGunr255/waltz.jpg
Our gun team went up against these jewels many a time and I gotta tell ya they certainly gave our PIG a run for the money ...

We took on an NVA gun team one time and my Gunner and I (I was A-Gunner at that time) were out in the middle .... I mean right smack in the middle .... Of this river about chest high deep and we were actually taking turns with 200 hundred round bursts at one another ...

Both we .... and them ... would hesitate (only very shortly) in between trigger pulls to listen for a sec to hear if we could hear any screams from confirm hits ...

After a couple seconds of silence ... It was time to rock-n-roll again ....

It was like something you would see in the movies and only one incident that I will "NEVER" forget ...

They were dug in in very heavy underbrush along the rivers bank and they must have been having a bad day the same as we cause neither gun team suffered so much as a scratch ....

Mighty fine weapon the RPD ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They were AK systems, so you know that the things will run forever. Be glad that the weapons weren't reversed. A 60 from a site such as you describe would have made the situation a tad edgier. But only for a little while. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.