M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Well, you know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Very interesting concept, and appears nicely executed... it's just that price of admission....

But, to be honest, I've seen 10/22's on the line that probably cost that and more...

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I really admire the ingenuity and abilities of people who can pull things like that off. Very cool.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Very cool man......little bit too far outta my price range for a .22lr though....another $200 and I could just get another M1A!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Look again, that's a real gas system, FH, etc. Total custom job, and I doubt you could build one for less than $850. Still, it's out of my price range for a 22, and I doubt seriously the reserve is anywhere near $850.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad you like my stuff. All my conversions are original parts used(no airsoft on these) and yes the parts list totals about $850 depending on the model. Love the real things too but something about an American classic in .22lr that I can't resist. You need a 300-500yd range to make a worth while shot with a .30-06 or .308 but with the .22lr's a 100 yd range is perfect. And with each 100rds fired there's a savings on ammo of around $60.

Just about finished with another one. Trying to make it look like a M1A SOCOM.

http://photobucket.com/TT-Bone-m1a

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.