M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have a olongapo 7.62 grab & go? I have been watching the olongapo website for nearly two months and they are always out of stock. I check the site daily to no avail. Brownell's carries the 7.62 grab & go and they are also always out of stock. Should I persist or is there another similar mag carrier that I should take a look at?

I have read that the olongapo carrier is top quality and worth the wait. Waiting sucks though!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I tried to buy one, sent emails, monitored the site for months and then gave up.

I went with UW Gear instead. Took months to be delivered but was perfect when it arrived.

Here's a video of the AK variant...
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs55GeK_Qog&list=PL68CD11EED198F523&index=2[/ame]

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
I buy the US Molle vests for $10 in like new condition from my local gun show and use the AR mag pouches that hold 2 M14 mags very well. $5 each.

So for $30 I have a very comfortable Molle vest, I often forget I'm even wearing it, that holds 8 M14 mags.

I've bought all kinds of Molle gear for the M14 to include the modern Multicam Rifleman's kit. I prefer the older woodland camo pattern and the older stuff is just more comfortable for me.

5,445 Posts
All I know is this... for over a year now I have been trying to communicate and buy from him/Olongapo with no results. You may find some of his stuff for sale at Brownell's.

Reactions: m1476251

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All I know is this... for over a year now I have been trying to communicate and buy from him/Olongapo with no results. You may find some of his stuff for sale at Brownell's.

I tried to email olongapo too, no response either. I am checking Brownells daily to see if they ever get the 7.62 grab & go in stock.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I went with UW Gear instead. Took months to be delivered but was perfect when it arrived.

I got a PM from a member asking me for details on which UW Gear M14 bandoleer I ordered as well as what my thoughts were on it so far. I figured that maybe I should post my response here also so that anyone reading this would have all the info and seeing as I how I wrote that it was perfect (and it wasn't exactly OTB perfect) I felt I should explain.

My response....

As I recall they have a wacky (or none listed) description of the .308 bandoleer being offered. I believe it was an AR rig though but honestly I'm not sure. I had asked about it what to order in an email and was told exactly what to order and I followed by placing my order before I lost this info. You might want to try that route to be sure. They also have a forum to ask questions as well.

The only complaints (if I actually had to complain about something) is that it's made to fit both M14 and FAL mags so the slightly shorter M14 mags move when running. I worked around this by stuffing an inch thick piece of foam in each pouch. Also, the straps/buckles didn't match the pouch color but were close enough that I could over look this. That might bug the crap out of some guys though.

The latches work great (awesome design) and the whole system stays tucked in nicely when on the move. Well made. I got the Ranger Green which is sort of like a faded OD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts