M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen older Smith Enterprise receivers marked NM and some not. What is the difference if any? Mine is marked 7.62 MM M14 NM with Mesa, AZ marked on the side.

G

·
They were marked NM because Ron back at that time would build NM rifles out of those. A lot of times they would have a double lug on them as well. It's not that there was a quality difference between those receivers just the type of rifle build onto it.

·
Super Moderator
11,174 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked??

Are the new recievers going too be marked with the same M-14NM or just M-14? and will lugs be a option?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have seen older Smith Enterprise receivers marked NM and some not. What is the difference if any? Mine is marked 7.62 MM M14 NM with Mesa, AZ marked on the side.
I've had Smith Enterprise receivers with 3 different types of markings: M-14 without serifs, M-14 NM with serifs, and M-14 NM without serifs.

Cass

G

·
Are the new recievers going too be marked with the same M-14NM or just M-14? and will lugs be a option?
There will be different markings. M14, M14NM, M21A5
M14 EBR, and a couple others. Non of the receivers will have lugs, but if you want a rear lug on it, send it to us and we will weld it on and re Finnish it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Has anyone ever seen an eagle stamp on the right side of the receiver beneath the op rod rail before on a Smith Forged Receiver?

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,402 Posts
Not me, but I have seen a Smith receiver with the Marine Corps globe and anchor stamped on the rear of the heal. Ron told me they did this on some rifles and even marked a few with the Army eagle.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Not me, but I have seen a Smith receiver with the Marine Corps globe and anchor stamped on the rear of the heal. Ron told me they did this on some rifles and even marked a few with the Army eagle.
If anyone has any photos of these, I would love to see them! GI5

1 - 9 of 9 Posts