M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
All that's true, but keep one thing in mind, that ain't you any more. A dear friend, Vietnam combat vet, found out the hard way when he squared off with a guy half his age recently.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All that's true, but keep one thing in mind, that ain't you any more. A dear friend, Vietnam combat vet, found out the hard way when he squared off with a guy half his age recently.
Key words in original post are "...AT ONE TIME..."... Not present day! That is why at my age I conceal carry!! :LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
brassmagnet mentioned respect. I, do not like people to say to me, Thank You for your service. Why, because it became so voge and the thing to do. People treat you like a second class citizen, then find out you are a vet and the mood changes. OH, Thank You For Your Service. Get out of here.
Cannot imagine what my dad would have replied to that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Key words in original post are "...AT ONE TIME..."... Not present day! That is why at my age I conceal carry!! :LOL:
Agreed, so do I. That said, there are some things you might encounter going about your daily business that don't justify a lethal response. An inconsiderate slob pushes his shopping cart into the side of your vehicle at the grocery store. A knucklehead, (usually in a Challenger or Mustang), races up & down your residential street where kids ride their bikes. A neighbor leaves his barking dog out all night, or cranks the music up till the wee hours, or both. Say anything and you're met with, "What are you gonna do about it? Blank off, old man." Much as you'd like to, you can't draw down. What then?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agreed, so do I. That said, there are some things you might encounter going about your daily business that don't justify a lethal response. An inconsiderate slob pushes his shopping cart into the side of your vehicle at the grocery store. A knucklehead, (usually in a Challenger or Mustang), races up & down your residential street where kids ride their bikes. A neighbor leaves his barking dog out all night, or cranks the music up till the wee hours, or both. Say anything and you're met with, "What are you gonna do about it? Blank off, old man." Much as you'd like to, you can't draw down. What then?
I know where you are coming from! But....at my age life in prison is not that much time!! 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I know where you are coming from! But....at my age life in prison is not that much time!! 🤣 🤣
Yeah.....but visiting family members might think it's a long time when they have to empty their pockets to come and see you every day......:confused:

·
Registered
929 Posts
brassmagnet mentioned respect. I, do not like people to say to me, Thank You for your service. Why, because it became so voge and the thing to do. People treat you like a second class citizen, then find out you are a vet and the mood changes. OH, Thank You For Your Service. Get out of here.
If people wanted to really "thank you for your service"...they would buy you a meal, pay for your shopping cart full of groceries. Anytime, anyone has to dig into their own pocket...that's where the "thank you" stops. The "Honor flights"...don't kid yourself...you have to have a "chaperone" who pays for his flight. Thanks anyhow I'll stay home. Who really "honors" my service? My family and my loved ones who vicariously lived it with me. I feel the rest of it is just bullshit. The illegal "alien" at the border has more benefits than the veteran. This is just my rant and the way I see things. Bitter? Yes, a little and still glad and proud I served.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If people wanted to really "thank you for your service"...they would buy you a meal, pay for your shopping cart full of groceries. Anytime, anyone has to dig into their own pocket...that's where the "thank you" stops. The "Honor flights"...don't kid yourself...you have to have a "chaperone" who pays for his flight. Thanks anyhow I'll stay home. Who really "honors" my service? My family and my loved ones who vicariously lived it with me. I feel the rest of it is just bullshit. The illegal "alien" at the border has more benefits than the veteran. This is just my rant and the way I see things. Bitter? Yes, a little and still glad and proud I served.
Very, very well said.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts