M14 Forum banner

Old Corps Weaponry rifle found

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  tflorman 
#1 · (Edited)
I’m pretty sure I posted this in the wrong forum before. This certainly is not a Devine rifle. I found it at a pawn shop. It was a complete rifle at the time. I do believe all parts to the rifle are original to the rifle except the stock, and the Troy Battle Rail that was on it. Which I don’t have pictured. I’m gonna need the rear sight assembly, front hand guard/ring, and front sight. I was intrigued by this rifle when I saw it. I thought it was customized, but do not know anything about it, really. The bolt is TRW, and op rod/trigger group are HRA.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
4570govt, probably not. I’d like to find out a value for it, but I’d also like to hear some stories about these things. Good or bad. I may be interested in selling it someday, just not yet. I wanna get it running first. It is heavy. I do know that.
We don't do value on here- it's a forum rule. Not being rude.

Each item is different and it's dependent on time, place, condition, demand, supply, shocks to the market.

At one time this would have been a pricey rifle. But if you are showing us all you have IT WAS SOMETHING.

It is a barreled action that has an SAI heel- I see M1A. The original builder was held in extremely high esteem but you're showing us a barreled receiver and the barrel is showing some custom mods that there may be no established provenance on.

There is no way to value this or give you a price on it. Only you can do that.

If you're showing us all you have, it WAS... What it is NOW is a barreled receiver, with a much modified barrel and who knows who did the work on the mods UNLESS THERE IS PAPERWORK AND THERE IS MORE TO SHOW.

Still, rules prevent pricing items.

Bottom line:
The shop had a reputation for building great rifles, GREAT. BUT- all that's here is a receiver and barrel, and that isn't a rifle.

Search Gunbroker for receivers with barrels sold. Search our PX for SAI Receivers with Barrels sold. You know more than you did then.

Not being rude or dismissive. Best wishes.

#5 ·
Well, since your in the right spot, I'll say again, "Old Corps Weaponry" was ran and operated by Roland Beaver of Bald Knob, Arkansas. He is retired now, but learned the trade in the USMC as an armorer on M1 Garands, later worked on M14's. Roland is also a Distinguished Rifleman.

I have been to his shop many times, bought a couple of rifles and parts from him. The man certainly knew what he was doing, usual wait times on his rifles were a year and more. His rifles were always something you could count on, on the firing line, he specialized in match rifles.

Looks like what you have was probably a ready to go match rifle at one time, someone decided to modify for their purposes.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Please refrain from using the Firing Line as a substitute for each individuals responsibility. Any threads asking for a value will be deleted with this Sticky.

Also if you should decide to answer one of those questions, please refrain from giving a value. Without seeing the item in your own hands to inspect thoroughly, you can be doing an injustice to either the buyer or seller by stating a value.

You can research the Sold Classified Listings (SPF) section below here which has over 11,000 listings, or other auction sites (Cal Guns, Gun Broker etc.)across the internet to come up with a general price for an item(s).

#10 ·
Show us photos of the whole rifle if you have it.

#14 ·
Hi,
About 1992 I ordered a .308 Springfield Garand from Roland.

It came as a USMC Match Rifle, with a Douglas barrel and a custom laminated stock with a lengthened LOP.

At that time it cost me $1400 and was worth every penny, and I considered it a bargain.

With my tailored handloads, bench rested, it will shoot just under an inch group.

I believe at that time an M14 was about $400 more, of course my Garand was a little more than usual, with the custom stock, but not a lot more, like I said a bargain to me!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.