M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Clothes 8O :lol: Depends but usually jeans and a T or because of the nats a long sleeve T. If it is hot and a good breeze to keep the nats down then shorts. Bottom line is what I just happen to be wearing since most of my shoots are unplanned

·
Registered
304 Posts
BDU's (Vietnam-pattern Tiger Stripes from BDE Quatermaster, regular BDU's if I am going after work) or Vietnam-era Jungle Fatigues.

They are loose and don't bind, and comfortable....they are cool in hot weather, too.

Sometimes, I do wear shorts and t-shirt.

Boonie hat always comes along.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Usually BDU pants (tan or tiger striped), because of the reasons stated by Bren10man, and either a t-shirt or something warmer if its cold. I also usually wear boots for a couple of reasons: they help jack my knees up a bit in the sitting position, and the Black Land Prairie clay at our range is messy when wet and has huge gaping cracks that could swallow a small dog when dry. If I'm practicing for a match, I'll put on my shooting coat, but if I'm just shooting for fun I'll leave it off.

Grilling some ribs while my rifle cools down between strings at a fun shoot a couple of summers ago.

Back from the range

I knew I shouldn't have eaten that last doughnut! This illustrates why I don't normally wear jeans - too restrictive, especially for the "dimensionally challenged." :wink: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Warm weather (+50 degrees plus) army surplus jeans, cotton knit sport shirt and t-shirt, light hiking boots, light cotton socks, mesh ball cap or bandana.

Cold weather (below +50 degress) army surplus jeans, polypropylene long johns, heavy flannel shirt, polypropylene undershirt, light insulated parka, insulated hiking boots, heavy polypropylene socks, ball cap, (below 35 degrees) polypropylene balaclava.

If it is raining or snowing also a gore-tex rain parka with hood.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D "Ditto" tatonka :D
PS. BDU Pants and a Tee,I do not wear a Shooting Jacket here in Texas in the Summer, I choose Comfort over Score! :wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: what to wear at the range

fran odonnell said:
its realy hot here all the time ,so tiger bdus . boonie hat and boots and lots of bandos of 7.62 .
There'a only two seasons in PR!!

The Hot Season & the Hot and Humid Season!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here in MO I use Green BDU's (really Old & Used Ones)

And for Big IPSC Matches I use 5.11 Pants & Shirts (with Sponsors Logos, OK I'm a Sponsor [email protected])

Y

:D :D :D

·
Registered
947 Posts
Same thing I wear just about everywhere: Dockers and sport shirt. Boots are in the back of the Explorer in the event it's muddy on the range as is a baseball cap to keep the sun and brass out of my eyes.

I leave the BDU pants or "Mail Call" outfits for the wannabes... :roll:

-- Chuck

·
Registered
117 Posts
Some sort of BDU pant, because they fit loose, and a t-shirt.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.