201 - 220 of 779 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Agreed

No demand. Anywhere.
-------------
You don't have to look far for verification:

U.S. rail intermodal traffic fell for the third straight week, declining 15.7% in the week ended Feb. 21 compared with the same week last year, the Association of American Railroads reported.

Railroads moved 213,617 intermodal trailers and containers, AAR reported Feb. 25 in its weekly report. The drop follows a 0.1% decline the prior week.

Rail carload volume, which excludes intermodal units, declined 11.5% year-over-year to 473,161 carloads.

Hobo

·
Registered
977 Posts
And yet prices in CA continue to rise...

Though I suppose I should consider the recent and mysterious refinery explosion in Torrance is probably contributing to the issue out here. Funny, no workers hurt, no explanation but lucky for them its happening right around the time of the blend switch when prices were due to rise anyway. And no, my tin foil hat is not very warm this time of year.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I was visiting my cousin at his 7-11 store today and as his rep was leaving she told him to raise the prices .20 a gallon. Went from $2.25 to $2.45. The low price was nice while it lasted. I fuel at Costco, or Sam's Club but have not checked prices.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Gas prices here in central CA have gone up $.70/gal in the past two weeks. It went up $.20/gal last night here.
This will probably get blamed on the refinery explosion last week in the Los Angeles area.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well that may apply to some states, county's? city's, However I doubt that a 70 cent jump in two weeks is the root cause, Someone behind the scenes is making bucks, Traders? Oil company's? etc.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,101 Posts
Today here, up .10 in one swing today,
Regular 87 $3.19
Mid Grade 89 $3.29
Premium 91 $3.39
Diesel $3.05

m14brian

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Why the heck are prices going up at the pump here in NC? We were at 2.03 for reg amonth ago. Oil is the same price, but the pump cost is 2.33?????

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Any little increase in crude prices or anything happening in the world causes gas prices at the pump to rise quickly yet falling crude prices bring slow drops at the pump that never last for long.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
-------------
You don't have to look far for verification:

U.S. rail intermodal traffic fell for the third straight week, declining 15.7% in the week ended Feb. 21 compared with the same week last year, the Association of American Railroads reported.

Railroads moved 213,617 intermodal trailers and containers, AAR reported Feb. 25 in its weekly report. The drop follows a 0.1% decline the prior week.

Rail carload volume, which excludes intermodal units, declined 11.5% year-over-year to 473,161 carloads.

Hobo
Another indicator is the Baltic Dry Index. The BDI tracks dry shipping worldwide. It is at its lowest level since it was incepted back in 1986. When it spikes lower it is a primary indicator of weak demand for most everything, and reduced manufacturing output. That translates into less demand for energy at all levels.

201 - 220 of 779 Posts