M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,611 Posts
Ahh the political elite thinking that common mans law doesn't apply to them due to power given to them by "the people" or perceived privilege.
Well stated Konigsberg.

DI5

Reactions: Konigsberg13

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Some small rural court houses don't have metal detectors, therefore we're exempt from the rules? What a load of excrement. It smacks of Feinstein saying she had to walk the dangerous streets of SF to get to work, and was exempt from the CC prohibition.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Not sure, but I am thinking that Ohio law treats Court personnel (judges, prosecutors, bailiffs, probation officers) as LE personnel and therefore don't need permits. I don't know if the law addresses training or certification, but am guessing it does.

Reactions: ryoung

·
Registered
585 Posts
Not sure, but I am thinking that Ohio law treats Court personnel (judges, prosecutors, bailiffs, probation officers) as LE personnel and therefore don't need permits. I don't know if the law addresses training or certification, but am guessing it does.

Yep (mostly). Along with mayors and other political types. They've been legally allowed to carry concealed without a permit long, long before Ohio allowed citizens to carry, which only happened a few years ago.

Rich

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm curious of how use of O.R.C. 9.68 could be used on this.
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/gp9.68

In Cleveland v. State, 128 Ohio St.3d 135, 2010-Ohio-6318.
pg. 8-9 paragraph
"{¶ 24 We note that when we determined in Clyde that R.C. 9.68 is part of a statewide and comprehensive legislative enactment, we took into account that the General Assembly had “express[ed] its intent for statewide comprehensive handgun possession laws.” Clyde, 120 Ohio St.3d 96, 2008-Ohio-4605, 896 N.E.2d 967, ¶ 41. The General Assembly indicated that its intent in enacting R.C. 9.68 was “to provide uniform laws throughout the state” for firearm ownership
January Term, 2010
and possession. R.C. 9.68(A). Moreover, statements made on the floor of the House of Representatives and the Senate reflect the General Assembly’s belief that the legislation would bring uniformity to the state, superseding the existing patchwork of local firearm ordinances, which varied from one jurisdiction to the next. See statements of Representative Jim Aslanides, House Session, Mar. 8, 2006, 126th General Assembly and Senator Jim Jordan, Senate Session, Nov. 29, 2006, 126th General Assembly."

In my thinking it would not be actionable, as it is not part of a uniform law across the state of Ohio.

Edit: link for cleveland v. state http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/rod/docs/pdf/0/2010/2010-ohio-6318.pdf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.