M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three cans of the OFV Indian ammo with dates of manufacture of 1974 and 1975. Is this Berdan or Boxer primed? I am going to sell it here locally, but I've been asked if the brass is reloadable & I don't know. Thanks!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Friends do not let friends shoot Indian ammo.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yes it is reloadable, the brass is pretty hardy, thank god it's not the Pakistan crap. Also I don't believe they started sealing with that crappy tar stuff till like the 90's

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And why is that? I have personally shot over 400 rds of OFV 74/75 out of two different SA M1A's. No problems whatsoever. Also, everything I have read indicates mid 70's vintage OFV is good to go. My personal experience backs that up too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
OFV has a bad reputation for being really inconsistent but 74-75 is probably ok I think the later stuff was the bad ammo check out the 3rd sticky from the top about Indian ammo

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
The first rounds I ever put through my Socom was 70's OFV, it functioned well but accuracy was nothing to write home about.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
The Indian ammo from the 70s was supervised by the british and is perfectly fine. I have shot and reloaded the brass many times and have never had any failures.

The 90s and 2000s stuff was crap and should not be shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts