M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

As of 1 November 2010, Headquarters US Marine Corps tells me that I am transferred from the Fleet Marine Corps Reserve to the Retired List.

I signed the papers on 9 October 1980 under the watchful eye of President Carter's portrait on the wall.

As you old timers know, when you "retire" with over 20 years but less than 30 years of active service you don't really retire, you just get transferred to the FMCR. At 30 years you get transferred to the retired list. Well, I guess it's been 30 years. How fast it goes by... I can still smell the swamp moss and Pine-Sol in the receiving barracks at Parris Island.

So we're having a little party here. Stop by the Geedunk, I'm buying a round for the house, electronically anyway.

Semper Fi! BLUESDEVIL

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congratulations on your retirement, 30 years in the making! You are 25 minutes into it; hope the next 30 years are just as good, if not better, as the previous 30...

Best regards,

Kevin

·
SGT of Marines
332 Posts
Congratulations Sir on your 30 years in the Corps, and on your retirement. Enjoy the rest of your life, you have earned it.

Semper Fi Marine, and a hand salute to you.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! BLUESDEVIL

·
Registered
858 Posts
Congratulations on your '30' year retirement. I hit mine back in 2005, after 20 years of active duty. Even though I've been out of uniform for 15 years, I still miss the 'suck' every so often.

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
Congratulations. I hit the retired list back in April of this year, I still miss the Corps from time to time...and then I remember shipboard life while deployed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts