M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I got her around last Christmas, I had lots of work to do to the Poly. Just got her together with some US parts and shot her this weekend. I haven't quite found the secret to make her group like my loaded but that took me a year, so I feel she will eventually. My best groups were about 2.5 MOA at 100. We will do better!!

Top Gun is still TIGGER, cause he can group! My post ban SA loaded.

Bottom is Poly. She needs a more original name, one that fits her personality, but I hardly know her! She's a low number heel marker 07XX. Born in the 80's. She has a US stock, US sights, Winny bolt, Winny trigger, US op rod guide, Rooster's op rod spring guide, a US main spring, Winny op rod, Hueygunner did me a gas system with US piston. How many is that, aw... who's counting anyway. She was neglected by the former owner, run dry, sent out to pawn in Rhode Island. Now she has an owner that appreciates her potential.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Sounds like you put a little TLC in your ploy Cheetahman. I to have a all H&R USGI with a douglas barrel bedded stock it out shoot's me. I found a NIB post pan poly in march on gunbroker for 650. I have shoot about 400 round's out of it so far on problem's yet think I will just shoot it with the commie part's beening the head space is good to go. Looking for some GI parts to change out later it shoot's about 3 group's now I'm happy. That's fine looking pair you got there. 8)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fred. There was nothing wrong with her chinese parts really, cept the headspace was way long. The rest looked perfect!! Good Luck with your rig!!

I'm going to change her clothes to a Tiger birch with a black top. And her name is now officially Wheylong cause her head space was!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rooster. That op rod spring guide is the cat's meowie!! I got your tactical bolt release but that's going on my next super secret project!!! COMING THIS FALLLLLLL, to a deer herd near YOU!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :idea:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm hoping they'll use the safe time to get together. Then we'll get an affordable rifle that's tuff as nails and shoots like a NM. Hope springs eternal!! :lol: :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.