M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now officially the proud owner of a full-size Springfield M1A.ITMFND
It has a camo fiberglass stock which I will look to change out for walnut.
An EOTech Holo sight thrown in makes it a sweet deal.
The M14 was my weapon in Viet Nam and I swore I would one day get one of my own.
This is probably as close as I'll ever get even though it has to be Cal-Legal.GI5
Pictures to follow.

·
Retired
4,768 Posts
Congratulations on finally getting an M14 rifle of your own. It's been a long wait for you. Thanks for your service and welcome home!!!!
We'll be waiting for your pics, and in the forum, "Your time, your war" tell us a bit about your service experiences.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I know what you are feeling. I trained with one in '68 at Ft Polk and had access to them in country. I thought it for so long I have kicked myself for not getting into it earlier. I hope to be ordering my second one next month.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Congrats on your new rifle, it's a beauty.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Congratulations Parabellus and welcome.

Camo stock-check
sling - check
arms# 18- check
loaded mag-check
Eotech-ehh, not so much,....it just looks a bit out of place for M14 platform traditionally,.... so,...being the traditionalist that I know you are, you might need to send that to me for my newer EBR stock configuration...heh heh heh...

P.S. I really like that camo job!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the welcome guys.

I must be careful what stock I fit it with. If it has a pistol grip it turns magically into an 'assalt rifle' here in the PRK. That's a big no-no.
dance2

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Welcome Aboard. Congratulations and Condolences at the same Time, you see you have Stepped onto a Very Very Slippery Slope . You have 1 now and like most here it is just a Start to another and another

·
Registered
607 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase, she sure looks Purdy! Didnt think I would like the EOTec but... but... I kinda do... no, I do like it! Now I want an ARMS mount for my TriPower...

And I feel for you, Im behind the enemy lines on the other ocean, Mass... Anything Kali can do we can do Worse.....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do I look?

Stripped off the extra hardware and got new clothes.

Steel and wood. It just feels right.GI1

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I don't know about you but when I got mine it kind of completed the circle. Brings back memories of good times and good friends from a long time ago. Congratulations on a fine rifle.

·
Registered
269 Posts
All it needs now, is a stripper clip guide.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
good looking rifle! im a wood man myself, but the camo stock you have looks great too. i would say if you are going to rock the red dot sight then put it with the camo stock. but i like looking at it with iron sights and wood stock.GI1

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Very nice for your 1st M14 style rifle GI2 I'm sure there will be more to come!

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
397 Posts
An alternative, albeit an extra $10 bucks or so, would be a NIW USGI part (this seller is very reliable):

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=209803071

You are also correct about the FS causing problems in CA. You can do it, but to stay out of trouble you'd also have to install a Bullet Button. Ted Brown has a good alternative (look near the bottom of this page):

http://www.tedbrownrifles.com/pricelist.html

OR

SEI's USCG muzzle brake is also nice (it's what's on my favorite rifle currently).

Where in the Bay Area do you shoot, Parabellus? I'd be happy to let you give mine a tryout if the logistics are workable.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you folks think this one from Fulton Armory will fit my Springer then I'll order one.
http://www.fulton-armory.com/cartridgeclipguide.aspx
Stripper clip guides, are one USGI part that is still easy to find.

It is also one part, that when installed out of tolerance, can break your receiver!

They usually have buckets full of USGI guides at gun shows. Just take your rifle with you, and find one that fits.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts