M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are various threads on the XM25/M25 topic, but I don't think we have a dedicated picture thread for this variant. Given that Cowtownscout's XM25 replica recently won the M1A of the Quarter contest, I figured I'd post some pics of his replica and mine. Hopefully others will post similar profile pics of their XM25s/M25s - esp given all the interest a couple of years ago when two batches of BPT stock liners were made and purchased by the collector community on this forum.

Original inspiration as seen the book, The M14 Owner's Guide and Match Conditioning (1996), by Scott Duff and John Miller:
Gun barrel Drawing Engineering Trigger Artwork

Cowtownscout’s XM25 replica - left side:
Air gun Wood Plant Trigger Shotgun

...and right side:
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun accessory Shotgun

My replica - left side:
Automotive tire Wood Recreation Bicycle part Metal

...and right side:
Trigger Air gun Machine gun Gun accessory Gun barrel

..and here's my other XM25 project w/ an early stock that needs to get bedded/built:
Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Tool Gun barrel

I hope others might post similar profile pics of their XM25/M25 replicas....

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Majikani has not been active on this forum in some time, but the pics he posted of his rather unique '1st generation' XM25 replica with the early, solid black stock are still posted. (These black stocks were reportedly used on the first 50 XM25s in the late 1980s). Since he posted some nice profile pics that are still on this forum, I've taken the liberty to re-post two pics on this thread for inclusiveness.
Left side:
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Water Shotgun

Right side:
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

·
Premium Member
7,921 Posts
Majikani has not been active on this forum in some time, but a few years ago he posted pics of his rather unique '1st generation' XM25 replica with the early, solid black stock. (These black stocks were reportedly used on the first 50 XM25s in the late 1980s). Since he posted some nice profile pics that are still on this forum, I've taken the liberty to post two pics on this thread.
Left side:
View attachment 458580
Right side:
View attachment 458579
You probably should have asked him first.

REN

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
As for Forceman's stock, I'll defer to him, but I seem to recall his came with the Pachmayr buttpad already installed, and has bipod studs front and rear, and thus it was a pretty unique stock.

As for Majikani's stock, he did the buttpad work himself, as I recall. (He filled in the area where the M14 buttplate inlet was originally, mounted the buttpad, etc).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Majikani did the buttpad work himself, as I recall. (He filled in the area where the M14 buttplate inlet was originally, mounted the buttpad, etc).
That looks reallllly good. Sucks there aren't that many/any good buttpad options out there.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm doing a near replica of an XM25 and have a McMillan Stock that's not the correct color but I like it. I reached out to Wes and he's out of commission for a while so I was wondering if anybody else does them. Maybe I'll check with Crazynoto.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Wes does too notch work! Didn't know he was temporarily out of commission, get ahold of me and I will see what I can do, I am sort of out of commission myself until late fall with the race car stuff, plus I am backed up right now with a bunch of small projects, the mod2 stocks and mk13 barrels, but if you are not in a rush I am sure I can help.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Fwiw, CrazyNoto's handiwork is most impressive re these 3 stocks that once had M14 buttplates. The hardest part is color-matching, as colors changed over time (Worth the wait, IMO).
Green Ammunition Wood Cylinder Metal

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I'm doing a near replica of an XM25 and have a McMillan Stock that's not the correct color but I like it. I reached out to Wes and he's out of commission for a while so I was wondering if anybody else does them. Maybe I'll check with Crazynoto.
Wes does too notch work! Didn't know he was temporarily out of commission, get ahold of me and I will see what I can do, I am sort of out of commission myself until late fall with the race car stuff, plus I am backed up right now with a bunch of small projects, the mod2 stocks and mk13 barrels, but if you are not in a rush I am sure I can help.
Seems like I saw something on the forum about Wes moving to a new location and I bet that is why he is out of commission for a while. Will most likely take him a while to get all moved in and set up to do any work in the new place.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yes, he's building a place and will be down a year. Takes a long time build one of these rifles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts