M14 Forum banner

781 - 800 of 808 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Latest addition -

Penny

Rescue from TX. Supposedly some kind of Shepherd/Chihuahua(?) mix. 13 pounds or raw energy.

Know as the "Texas Tornado" for her jumping and spinning when excited and "Tasmanian Devil" for the sounds she makes while terrorizing our other dog that outweighs her by over 50 pounds.

Still buds though -

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
My new to me OLD rescue German Shepherd, Brew.
He is a 10 year old GSD, purebred, came with registration, pedigree, chip, and a history ...
supposedly he is a retired police dog.

If so, he is the most mellow ex-PD on the planet.

My previous GSD, XENA the Warrior Princess was professionaly trained in personal protection, and she lived up to her name. She was ALWAYS alert, hated anyone wearing a hoodie, and did protection like a quick little weasel. She loved to bite. Come within 10 feet of HER van, especialy at night, and the K9 car alarm would go off. All teeth, LOUD ZBARK, and serious ttitude. This was a great comfort to me as we lived in a van, down by the river, full time. Half the year in Mexico.

Sadly, she died last year of cancer. She is missed.

So, after an adequate mourning period, I thought , since I am old, I would get another OLD GSD, to take slow walks with.

OOPS,
this old dog thinks he is still a puppy. And get him near the ocean, and he thinks he is a Navy SEAL, charging into BIG surf, and loving it.

But he is definitely "mellow". I have not tried to turn him on at protection ... we are both too old for that chit no more.

But he does keep me active.
People with dogs on average live five more years than those with no dog.

FREE RESCUE DOG,
five years of extra life,
BARGAIN!
LAZ 1
(;-[)

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts
Here is the newest to my family. He is currently in training for protection work and search and rescue. He's about 17 months old now and a ton of fun.. Will not leave my side.. Named him Kane..

Carry On..
Thought I post this picture of Kane. Getting close to getting his National PSA level 1 rating.. He guards the house all the time.

Carry On!!

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
“Always hated anyone in a hoodie” LOL that’s hilarious Luna does the same thing on walks. I suspect that’s a little of my vigilance travelling down the leash.

Sorry to hear about XENA, every day with our canine family members is a gift.

Nice photos everyone.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The Trio

Our FFT ( Flat Faced Trio )

They took the place of our kids.

This is the morning " We smell bacon or sausage or whatever moms cooking, where's ours ? look.
Our Pugs

Bruno 8 yrs.( THE PUG ) on the left

Chloe 2 yrs.( My BABY GIRL ) in the middle

Gunnar 2yrs.( BABY GUNN ) on the right

Faces only a mom and dad could love, we would be lost without them !

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Thanks, those little pugs mean the world to the wife and me.

They think we're part of their pack.

We would be lost without them.
All I need to do to lose weight is get another flat faced bull dog, similar to your pugs. I cant say no to them, so half my food goes to them. No regrets!
Mine just discovered that the eggs that our chickens lay taste great. I just hope they dont have the nerve to steal the eggs! Thankfully, they fear momma hens!

·
Registered
870 Posts
The Tank !

All I need to do to lose weight is get another flat faced bull dog, similar to your pugs. I cant say no to them, so half my food goes to them. No regrets!
Mine just discovered that the eggs that our chickens lay taste great. I just hope they dont have the nerve to steal the eggs! Thankfully, they fear momma hens!
Yes, get another Bullie. The FF dogs are a special group.
We had two Bullies years ago. Both named Winston. One died of internal organ deformaties that did something to its heart and we gave the other one away when our son was born.
Neither were mean at all, the second one would just walk fast/charge his way thru the house ignoring where the kids or even adults were and ram into them. I tried to work with #2 but he was hardheaded. My son was more important than the M1 Abrams dog, he got a great home with some older people.

781 - 800 of 808 Posts