M14 Forum banner

761 - 780 of 808 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Our latest Forster English Mastiff brindle in color dog, his name is King Oden. I took him to the Vets office this morning. He weighted in at 150.6 lbs. puppy, he's ~six years old. He is Heartworm positive GI4. He has enlarged heart and lungs. We started the process to get rid of them. He's so kind and just a happy pup at all times, he goes off to bed at 9pm with us or not! The picture below is King sleeping in one of our Boxer dogs bed in my office.

You're a good man. Looks like he may come with a jumbo size appetite too. I love bulldogs of all types. So much fun rough housing with them, well, most of them. I had one female boxer that was very girly/prissy. Did NOT like getting her feet wet, and did not like rough play. She just wanted to be loved and pampered, so I did that instead of wrestling. She was also scared to death of ceiling fans, and would hide from cameras, so most pics are of her peeking around things while hiding from me with the camera.
I will try to rescue my next boxer from a bulldog/boxer rescue if possible. I wish there were more people like yourself.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Tracie

Here is the only good picture I have of Tracie, my photo-paranoid boxer. Sadly, we lost her a couple years back. The white boxer is Max. I got him from a breeder so I could give him a proper home. He was going to be a caged up dog for stud purposes. I made her an offer she could not refuse, so she sold him to me. That was one sweet and playful big guy. He was stolen from my back yard one day. It was years ago, but I still look for him.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Here is a pic of my first boxer, Dixie. She is the puppy in the pic. The other boy is is my brother's first boxer, Sampson. Both were superb dogs and my brother and I both considered them our best buddies.
I have had 5 or 7 more boxers in the past, even one that I stole "rescued" that was starving and covered in parasites, filled with worms. If someone wants to see them, I can find a few pics of my other boxers buddies.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,190 Posts
Thanks hytekrednek, we have had Boxers now since 1994 all but one though either Boxer rescue of New Mexico or Oklahoma now, we have fostered nearly 35 Boxers in all those year, this is our third English Mastiff in 14 months.

We love Boxers and yours are pretty look. Picture of our old pack in New Mexico.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Now that's worth a dog biscuit or two!!

I had a buddy that trained his German Shepherd to put the empties in the trashcan but he wouldn't bring you a refill...

·
Administrator
17,190 Posts
In the past seven months we have had two Mastiff (King Oden L & Buddha R) get back to 100% healthy, before finding them Forever Homes.

GI2

Attachments

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
We recently lost Possum, my best bud for 13 years and change. Prostate cancer took him slowly. That was hard to watch, but as long as he had some joy in life, I would help him fight. It was hard to have to have him put to sleep, but not as hard as watching him suffer and die slowly and painfully.
He was VERY loyal, playful, and obedient. He favorite thing to do was pull on rope "tug-o-war". 5 or 6 times I got torn neck and shoulder muscles from playing with him, he was very into the game and very strong. At Only 30 pounds, he would drag my brothers boxer around like he only weighed 5 pounds. God help any dog or person that held the end of his rope! So loyal... on long nights cleaning and building guns, my other 2 pups would go to bed with the wife, but Possum would hang out with me in the gun room until I was done, it did not matter how long. Same when I would be building furniture or repairing something out back in the shop. Several times Possum and I would be out in the shop until the sun came up... other 2 dogs were in the bedroom sleeping.
Surprisingly, he was a good boy with all the wild animal and pets I may bring home to help. He tolerated box turtles, squirrels, white-tail fawn, baby raccoon, baby mocking birds, rabbits, feral kittens, lost dogs, and I am sure I forgot something. He did drool while looking at the squirrels, but he didn't eat them. He would chase our backyard chickens, but did not hurt them. He headbutted the 2 ducks we had for a while, but he did not kill them. He was a special friend for sure. The wife and I will miss Possum dearly.
As for how I named a dog "Possum", when he was a puppy, once asleep, he was like an Opossum playing possum. You could pick him up, shake him, yell... nothing roused him. It was just like an Opossum playing dead for self defense. The name stuck

Attachments

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,613 Posts
I am watching my Niece's Bull Dog Kali while her and her family are having fun at Disney Land, She is a sweetheart and she loves playing with my Great Dane Nova, Its funny watching them play Tug a War with a rope toyUSA2

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Earthquake, that is fun looking dog. Bulldogs of all types are my favorite. Personality, playful, and well behaved usually. I will guess that you will not want to give him back once you get to know him. Those english brutes are so fun to play with

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,613 Posts
She's a girl, she is a great dog but she does not like to be outside. I also have a small Pit mix and a Australian Shepard and she gets along with all of them great, They have only had one fist fight because they were both trying to get the laser dot but they stopped as soon as I yelled at them. I will try to get a picture of all of together.

eQ

·
Administrator
17,190 Posts
The wife and I picked-up this beautiful five year old (Lexi) fawn colored Mastiff yesterday afternoon. She is a trim 115lbs, I'm taking her to get a heartworm check-up Friday. Her previses owner didn't give her heartworm prevention pills throughout her life. So we are testing for that, when the sun comes back I will get a better picture of her.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The wife and I picked-up this beautiful five year old (Lexi) fawn colored Mastiff yesterday afternoon. She is a trim 115lbs, I'm taking her to get a heartworm check-up Friday. Her previses owner didn't give her heartworm prevention pills throughout her life. So we are testing for that, when the sun comes back I will get a better picture of her.
Wow, shes pretty, those eyes!!! Shes gonna be a big girl once some meat gets on those bones.

·
Registered
176 Posts
We recently lost Possum, my best bud for 13 years and change. Prostate cancer took him slowly. That was hard to watch, but as long as he had some joy in life, I would help him fight. It was hard to have to have him put to sleep, but not as hard as watching him suffer and die slowly and painfully.
He was VERY loyal, playful, and obedient. He favorite thing to do was pull on rope "tug-o-war". 5 or 6 times I got torn neck and shoulder muscles from playing with him, he was very into the game and very strong. At Only 30 pounds, he would drag my brothers boxer around like he only weighed 5 pounds. God help any dog or person that held the end of his rope! So loyal... on long nights cleaning and building guns, my other 2 pups would go to bed with the wife, but Possum would hang out with me in the gun room until I was done, it did not matter how long. Same when I would be building furniture or repairing something out back in the shop. Several times Possum and I would be out in the shop until the sun came up... other 2 dogs were in the bedroom sleeping.
Surprisingly, he was a good boy with all the wild animal and pets I may bring home to help. He tolerated box turtles, squirrels, white-tail fawn, baby raccoon, baby mocking birds, rabbits, feral kittens, lost dogs, and I am sure I forgot something. He did drool while looking at the squirrels, but he didn't eat them. He would chase our backyard chickens, but did not hurt them. He headbutted the 2 ducks we had for a while, but he did not kill them. He was a special friend for sure. The wife and I will miss Possum dearly.
As for how I named a dog "Possum", when he was a puppy, once asleep, he was like an Opossum playing possum. You could pick him up, shake him, yell... nothing roused him. It was just like an Opossum playing dead for self defense. The name stuck
Sorry for your loss, there is simply nothing like the faithful love of a good dog. Heck, even my horrible collie boy, who will apparently be "forever" a puppy, is so fiercely loyal to me it wipes out the laundry list of evil things he does each day.
Showing his ass, like normal...

·
Administrator
17,190 Posts
Boo Radley past this morning from cancer, he was ~ 10 years young . We only had him for the past six years. We will release his ash's with the rest of the New Mexico Boxer pack in early spring. So he may run again with the rest of our Boxers on the high Mesa of Northern New Mexico.
GI4

Attachments

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Here's a couple of pups glad that we are social distancing. Beebee, the damnation, has been enjoying the constant company from her beagle Millie. Normally, when I head into work, the beagles head out to the kennel.

Millie is enjoying my working from home with many extra pets and treats. I guess it ain't all bad.

Attachments

761 - 780 of 808 Posts