M14 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from NE Ohio. Lurked for a while to try and soak up as much of the great knowledge on the forum as possible to assist in my M1A/M14 build. Have to say this forum is unlike many I have joined, much more friendly and willing to share and inform than most.

Not entirely new to the platform, got to fire/handle a personal M1A match rifle at the CMP event held here in the early 90's that I couldn't believe anyone could miss with. Also have 6 years of active duty in the Corps, 1984-90.

Here is what I put together:

LRB M14SA receiver, bolt, OpRod, and 18.5" barrel.
Surefire WarComp Muzzle Device
Truitium Front Sight
Welded/Unitized Gas Cylinder
Nitride Gas Piston
NM OP Rod Spring guide
USGI Trigger Group from LRB
Shooting Sight NM Trigger
Delta14 Gen 2 Chassis w/MagPul SGA stock and AFG
Standard Rear Sight
AMS 12" Rails

First range trip prior was 180 rounds, flawless.

Just installed the AMS rail just in case I do want to put an optic on it. Range trip next weekend to ensure I got everything back together and functioning properly.

Also, just want to give LRB a shout out, they were great to deal with and delivered.

OldBreed

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,196 Posts
Welcome aboard OldBreed1431, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great week ahead. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you. Grab a bunk and sign-up on the Duty Roster.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. That is a good looking rig. Thanks for your service to our country.

ranger7gt

·
Forum Jester
6,920 Posts
no beer to celebrate?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another Safe?

I really have to laugh at that one!

This one fills up #2.

Had to separate my HK's from my American Builds.

Keeps them guessing who gets to go to the range next.

OldBreed

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

1 - 18 of 18 Posts