M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys -

Rifle season for deer opens this Saturday 10/17/2020 in Georgia!

I will be taking my #1 M14 Hunting Rifle for opening morning as I am entering season #6 with this set-up.

BULA Forged Receiver with BULA 19.25" Med Heavy NM Barrel, BULA bolt and mostly USGI Parts. She will have a Mag of special bullets - 165 Grain Nosler Ballistic Tips over 42 grains of 4895 that have proven to get it done time and time again. She sits in one of my M1Army Hardened Big Red Stocks.

Good luck with your season and post lots of pics here!

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Well, I only hunt with a camera these days. Photo was taken on my range. Deer was just past my 75yd offhand target. AR-500 prairie dogs in the first photo are at 150 yds. In the second photo you can see my 75yd metal target for 22 rimfire. Whatta Hobby!

IMG_4072.JPG
Range visitor 2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update - Opening Rifle Season in Georgia (10/17/20) this morning.

I saw (9) deer in total (very exciting) but the first two days of rifle season are buck only. I saw a number of spikes and the biggest was only a (4) point that was 2 years old so I passed on all of them today. I have plenty of time to fill the freezer. I also saw one of the biggest Georgia Gobblers ever this morning - he was 70 yards away, but I looked him over good with the 10x binoculars and he was huge with his beard nearly dragging on the ground! A really exciting morning!

In the stand with my #1 M14 hunting rifle

The (4) point he was around me for a while and then he departed

A doe that was broadside forever

A spike that was in front of me for a long time then walked right under my stand

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good luck, Tree stand hunting is a lot of fun for those that have the patience.
Wife had a tag here and hunted from the house. Never saw a horn but did see a total of 80 doe's and covered a lot of ground.
I just got back from Idaho and saw a few bucks. But wasn't able to make a shot. Leaving for Colorado in a few of weeks. Tags for bull & cow elk, and a buck tag. Maybe the stars will align for me this trip.

·
Super Moderator
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rbgonoles -

That is the way to put the smackdown on those hogs!

M1Army

1 - 11 of 11 Posts