M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note to let everyone know that tomorrow mornin I will be on a bird to the great state of Texas to visit with our own Ranger11B2P and attend the Houston gun show. Will give a report when I get back home. In the meantime Six will keep the sandbags close to the bunker door, so if ya have any questions he'll also be in command of the com center.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Hawk

What are you going to be wearing? That way if I see you at the gun show I will know it is you.

My son came home to day from Ft Bragg on his way to Ft Drum and we are going ot the gun show on Sunday.

Have a good trip

RG45

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately I will only be at the show on saturday as I have to travel back on sunday for work early monday.....Would be nice to get a devine, but I'm on a budget....small one taboot :(

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hi Hawk,

I know I shoulda made a list with you early! :lol: Nah, have a good time!!! We will wait to see what kind of goodies you bring back!!!

Too bad you and RG45 with his son cannot hook up... It would probably be kick butt fun to hang out!!!

Roy, we wish your son well at Fr Drum!

Have fun you guys...

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Enjoy yourself Hawk ... :wink:

Do I really "have to be" in charge ... :roll:

Well ... If thats the case ...

Okay gang ..... PARTY TIME! :D

Six

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Well ... Sundays more n' half over with so I would imagine that the "bossman" is probably sittin' at the airport and soon to be headed back to the hacienda .....

I bet he did'nt get much nap time ... LOL

Looking forward to a sitrep ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
120 Posts
Six, I let Hawk rack out about 2 hours on Friday night and about 4 1/2 on Sat night. Also let him participate in a little rapid fire excersise in a hay field. We had a blast, kept up a steady schedule on stuff to do, us Rangers don't like to stay in one place too long. Hawk is a first class guy, for a Marine, LOL. We lucked out and he found all the hardware for the M14E2 stock he wants to build at Houston, I managed to pick up another 14 that has a Federal Ordnance reciever, pretty nice and shoot just fine.

When we met at Dallas-Ft Worth airport we walked outside and it was 101 degrees. All I could think of to say was " Welcome to Texas" :p

Rangers Lead The Way

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Ranger:

We expect a full report from you and Hawk on all of your weekend activities!!! :lol:

Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time!!!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Sounds great Ranger .....

Wish I could have tagged along ... :(

Sounds like the Ranger done rolled out the red carpet for the Jarhead ... :wink:

I'm sure Hawk will be tellin us all about it once he snaps out of the jet lag routine ... :roll:

Six

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wellll Ayelllll Taillll Yaa Liekkk it izzz there missy...... :lol: "Did somebody say "jet lag"??? :lol: Didn't get enough sleep ta get jet lag...
What a trip.....me, two Airborne Rangers and a FNG wannabe and Ranger11B2P's Mrs.....had a gooooood time at Houston. There's something to be said about Southern Hospitality.... I felt like I belonged in Texas all my life....even hated like "hai"l to leave....

OK....now for the show report....

Like Johnny said, I got the hardware for my future E-2 project (got a couple others to complete first) Never thought that would happen. Now for Johnny....he managed to get a sweet preban M-14S made by Federal Ordinance for Century Arms for get this....under $600 complete with a USGI winchester mag....This Ranger steps in $hit all the time....while I was busy trying to deal with delayed planes, he meets a guy he knows who needed some quick cash and buys a rifle for $50, takes it to the gunshop (the only one in Texas that's open on Sunday) and trades it towards a AK-47 (Romanian) and send me pics of it before I can even get back home. I'll let him tell yawl how much out of pocket it was, but it weren't much :D

He does this all the time.... I'll post some pics of his Century Arms M-14S and some more Show report hopefully tonight. Gotta get back down to the "Dummy Dungeon"

·
Registered
498 Posts
Welcome back Hawk.

Sounds like you had a little fun? :wink:

I can't wait to get out of Kalifornia and see a real gun show again.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry I could not see Hawk while he was here, but it sounds like I probably would not have been able to keep up with him anyway.

The show that Hawk came to is one of the better shows in Houston. It is the biggetest and has some of the better people show up.

We have shows down here on a regular basis, but I usually wait for this one to roll around.

Glad you had a good time down in my neck of the woods and glad that you made it home safely.

RG45

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RG45....did yawl see the guy walking around with a Winchester M-14 (real deal) for sale? I took a close look at it and took it down enough to check out the parts....mostly USGI, but the barrel was questionable.... I was told about it by one of the BR.com guys that I met there....(I'm terrible with names the first time around) something like Truman____ .... Well he wanted $800 for it. Had the rear auto lug ground off. Didn't appear to be a "reweld", but the receiver looked like it had several coats of paint on it....basically we walked away from that one kinda quickly after lookin at it. :? I might try for one of the Dallas Shows next year.....gonna try to get my Texas fix on a yearly basis if I can work it out :D :D :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hawk

I did not see that guy on Sunday (maybe he found someone to sell it to).

I did see a Devine on one of the tables he was asking $2200.00 for it. That was to rich for my blood - I am having trouble hiding the 3 M1A's that I have bought this last year from my wife right now. When I pull one out of the safe and my wife asks me where that came from I just say "Oh this old thing I have had it for a long time and it has been in the back of the safe" So far it has worked.

We are always glad to have people come and visit us in Texas.

Take Care

Roy (aka RG45)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Dear Hawk,

I wanted you to know that Johnny & I really enjoyed you being here for the weekend. :D
One weekend is just not enough for you to see Texas.
Coming once or twice a year would be nice!

We understand if you cannot make it.......but hopefully You and Mary
can make San Antonio......we will save-up for a GREAT TRIP......!

Johnny says the Alamo & Gun Show is, a hard to beat combination.
Like I said....even though there is not alot in the Alamo.....to me it
is like sacred ground.
The lights on the Riverwalk are beautiful that time of the year.....
Date to follow.....Saxet Gun Show......we have done it the first week
in December.........we will check dates.
It is not the Gun Show that Dallas is.....but you never know what you will find at any of the shows.

We will get the rooms and try to take You Two to some nice places to eat....You have me hungry for some good lasagne....if I spelled that right.
I will need to know the things that Mary likes too :) !

Better Go so that I do not burn Johnnys' meal :lol: !!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for visiting.

Sincerely,
The Mrs.
Kris

·
Registered
120 Posts
OK Hawk, I think I ended up with right at 115 bucks in the AK, 3 30 rd mags, and 600 rds of ammo. Sometimes ya just got to be quick :lol:

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess anybody who survives all those falls out of a perfectly good airplane has "just plain gotta be lucky" :D :D :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well, it's either luck or I would hate to think I know what I'm doing, LOL.

San Antonio show will be on 6-7 December, 2003. Go to work on Mary.

Heading back up to LT's gun shop to check on 14 stock. Will send pics or bring it home anyway.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts