M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this front sight from Creedmoor Sports while looking for the best deal on NM rear sights. I find them interesting, but would like some opinions. I already have a NM front blade installed, don't have a problem with it really, but a clearer picture past 200 yards would really help me out. [/url]

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
would be ok for plinking but would change the M-14 look. The other thing is that if you are planning on competition shooting, they are not allowed in service rifle competition as far as I know.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I think wdigeorge showed a pic of one of these in that thread concerning the M1A sight used on an AR and the Minin14.

Six

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, it doesnt look at all good on the bolt gun, thanks for pointing that out SixT. And Hawk was also right in that it would change the m14 look, I just can't envision that thing on there. Oh well, to get a NM rear aperature from them is $10 cheaper then from Fulton, so I might be doing a little shopping.

·
Banned
611 Posts
I have one of them and it is an extremely accurate sight. More even then the original NM front sight. Big draw back is target acquisition when hunting is terrible and low light is even worse. For daytime target shooting it is great though. Mine needed 4 clicks more than the NM sight to zero. I just removed my scope this week and have gone back to shootin irons just to make it more even with my son when we are prairie doggin. We will have to take turns spotting for each other without scopes. I also put the e-2 stock back on. I may reinstall that sight to give myself the edge. My son uses a heavy barrel FAL.

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
I have one of those on my supermatch and it works great.
Legal for "match rifle" only though.
I use it for 600 prone matches (best score 199-14X)
Brownells has them for less $$$.
I sell it for $45.00 if anybody wants one. :D

warbird out

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey i might be intersted after reading the accuracy reports!! i shoot mainly paper and i dont compete (yet), so these should be perfect for me. Ill drop you a Private message when i locate some funds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts