M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of us older people may know what I'm talking about. It's something that happens to an eye that isn't cured by surgery. There is only one option which are a series of shots to the eye involved. I am trying to avoid the shots so I'm wondering if getting a scope on my M-14 will cure part or all of my problem.
My other option is to shoot left handed. That eye is 20/20.

Is there any one out there that is experiencing the same problem, and what did you do. I have a fully loaded m-14 and I hate to have to sell it just for this problem. They also tell me that ocular degeneration does not just go away.

I HATE SHOTS.

·
Forum Jester
8,202 Posts
as opposed to bend over and cough?

·
Forum Jester
8,202 Posts
well,if you have one of those bula uppers that has only the rail,you can measure the distance between both eyes,and build a bracket to the left to hold one of those small dot sights. lee majors has built a small rail that fits into the clip guide.you could do the same with a clip on bracket to the left with small dot sight. you can remove rear sight and build a bracket

or,learn to shoot left handed.
while your still young,try the shots

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
If you have Macular Degeneration, my understanding is that eventually you will lose clear, undistorted vision in the center of your field of view. A scope won't help that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.