M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've been using a Swiss made laboratory grade Mettler digital scale for years.
It will measure to .001 grain, you have to watch your breath carefully. It's slow but you can't a get more accurate weigh .
You can pick up a $1500 scale used at industrial auctions for about what a new RCBS 5-0-5 sells for [once in a while],
Just make sure it works first, and has a recent certification.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I load my Rifle Rounds with a Redding BR Powder dispenser and my Pistol Rounds with a Dillon Square Deal Press.

I used the same redding when I did BR/Varmint shooting.
I can't do anything better then what I have the way I shoot.

A Marine buddy can hit a 20 round Rifle paper box at 100 yds with his S&W 9MM with my Hand loads . He can't do it with Factory ammo.
It's not me it's just the Dillon (and his shooting).

Reactions: 3Gunnah

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I'm glad I did not look at the linked page.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I read the first two paragraphs about the scales , I never got to the part about "Powder Kernel Uniforming " but understanding how Anal Retentive some reloaders can be, it's not really that far out .

Reactions: gtanba

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
18,128 Posts
Heck, give it a try! let us know how it works out!RNGR1
Unfortunately, I have a short attention span too, I'd probably give up after a couple kernels of that powder lol. The two problems counteract each other completely, I'm so screwed...Now my life is starting to make sense, it's a miracle I finish anything.
m14brian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.