M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attended the Oaks gun show yesterday with my neighbor and gun show wingman. I saw my first fully automatic M14 on display. Asking price was $16,000.00 but I only had a few hundred in cash with me so I didn't make an offer. M1A's were plentiful, mostly Standards. there were several SOCOM's but I only saw 1 Scout. There was one M14 style rifle that had a tag reading "Vietnam aluminum stock" and when I asked the guy about it he said the stock wasn't aluminum, it was synthetic. But he didn't change the tag.....

James River Armory was present and I was able to handle their M21 DMR receiver rifle. The receiver is very well made and there was no obstruction of the sight picture at all looking through the irons. I didn't know if it would make any difference or not but I cranked the rear site as high as it would go and never picked up an edge of the rail in the sight picture. Nice product. They now have rebuilt AK's that made their way to Mark from Iraq. My buddy almost walked out with one but decided to wait until his birthday in a couple of months. Thanks to the Maryland anti Second Amendment political climate, JRA is definitely leaving there. Some warm southern state will benefit from that. Picked up a rumor later in the show that LRB is dumping New York for the same reasons.

Ammo was plentiful and some prices are coming down. A Portuguese 200 round battle pack that was $140 a couple of shows past is now $130. South African hasn't changed, still $100 for 140. I wouldn't say prices were great but they are at least stable and appear to be declining.

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
I for one appreciate the reports on gunshows from across the country. It's great to hear that ammo's going down even slowly, at least it's heading the right direction. Out of curiosity how are 22lr ammo prices and availability ? It certainly looks like we need to send our governor to talk with JRA and LRB maybe see if they'll head our way. new york and maryland surely don't deserve the tax dollars from companies that they're trying to destroy.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
I was gonna head over and take some 'trade-bait' , but that show has become more of a flea market full of pushy hucksters. Don't need 500 tables of turquoise jewelry , pickles , ugly handbags , cheap knives , beef jerky , arts & crafts , para-cord , Chinese AR-fluff , etc.
Most guns and that interest me are incredibly overpriced for their condition.
New guns , not interested.
Ammo? Fuggetaboutit!!!

The only thing good is the aisles are nice and wide for the fat people who seem to just stand in the middle of them side by side , talking and take up space.

Don't get me wrong , ya can usually find something cool at almost any show , but wading thru the crowd and sorting thru the slop to find the 1 acorn , , ,

I'll go to the next 3-day show , on Friday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.