M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a replacement front sight for the O-3a3 and O-3. If I am not mistaken, the front sight on these rifles were made for 400yrds. I belive a sight was made to replace it for 200yrds.

Anyone know of this, and if so, where can I get a couple.....

THANKS!

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Was just in my favorite gun shop today talking with the owner, who is in the process of reconditioning all of the 03/A3's for the VA Tech Rifle Team. When I was there today, he was in the process of rebuilding the rear sights and replacing front sight blades on the team's 03/A3s and I believe he told me he got the parts from CMP. He specializes in 03 and 03/A3 'smithing and his work is absolutely top notch.

If you'd like, I'll call him Monday and find out his supplier for you. He's going to be out of town tomorrow and Saturday so he won't be open again until Monday. Be glad to help out if I can.

duckbuck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Please do, I really just need the front sights, I have a really good gun smith here in my city, but I can't locate the sights...

THANKS!!!!!!

Tom

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
No Problem - I promised his son I'd bring him a Harry Potter book on Monday, so I'll get all the info I can and email you back on Monday evening.

You are just looking for the sight blades, right? How about the pins?

Dennis

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I would need everything for the install to be complete....I really do appreciate this....THANKS AGAIN!

I would need three sets not two as I stated before, I need the extra for my dads Rock Island O-3....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.