M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm happy for you guys,,but don't mean squat here,,I wasen't really sure,but went to my local gun show this past weekend,,and found out good ole New York still has its own little AWB,,so no big deal here!! I was more disapointed :( than pissed,,just means I'll spend more $$$ on ammo & 20rd mags! :) At least we can buy GOOD mags in NY,,not like Kailfornia!!! I wasen't to concerned about my 14s,,but I wanted to dress up my Bushmaster,,oh well maybe someday! Or maybe just buy a Pre-Ban Mouse Gun,,if the prices come down abit,,time will tell.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah,then sunset on the ban isnt as exciting living in New York but the prices on prebans and hicap mags is dropping for sure.I see m-14 20rd mags have dropped slightly.Also( I know this isnt exactly the most popular rifle on this board)pre ban lowers for AR15'S have dropped considerably.I guess if we cant purchase new weapons with the evil features people in the states who can will take mercy and sell us their prebans at fair prices.Frigging Pataki,I cant believe I voted for that .Ray

·
Treadhead
368 Posts
if by Fair prices, you mean less than we paid for them, NO dice, but I've a PWA that I only have $600 in...

actually, I bought it for $750, but sold the upper, so only have $550 in the lower...perhaps I would or should consider selling it to someone in NY...would need to get the upper of that person's choice to Xfer as a complete rifle...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Not sure how Mr.Davis got the impression that I want people who have preban arms to lose money on any sales made to us less forunate states.Guess us Yankees will make due as is.It always could be worse some states have more restrictive laws then New York.We all better get out and vote this election and keep Bush in office.Then maybe we can work on reversing our states assault weapons ban.Ray

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea,I hear ya Ray,,,I voted for the same IDIOT you did,,but I guess I'm a idiot also for not knowing that he had his own little AWB,,, :? . Oh well our fault I guess!! Like you say its not a big deal with the M-14s,,yea a Bano Lug would l(.)(.)k cool,,but it dosen't do anything to make the rifle shoot better thats for sure!! Be kinda cool to make a few Bano Charges at the range though and have my Bro-In-Law record it and bring it home to out wifes,,just so we can reasure them that we really are KRAZY,,,, :lol: ,,after 22 years I don't want to disapoint them!!! well bottom line is,,if mags get cheaper,,and some AR stuff gets cheaper,,thats still a plus for us!! Like I said,,it just leaves more $$$ for ammo and mags,,,now hopefully we can buy them CHEAP and REALLY stack them deep,,,cuz I have a funny feelin it will be back,,and not in a good way!!! Take care!!! :)

·
Treadhead
368 Posts
RAYGUN said:
Not sure how Mr.Davis got the impression that I want people who have preban arms to lose money on any sales made to us less forunate states.Guess us Yankees will make due as is.It always could be worse some states have more restrictive laws then New York.We all better get out and vote this election and keep Bush in office.Then maybe we can work on reversing our states assault weapons ban.Ray
It's OK, you just got me to thinking...so, are pre-bans OK in NY :?:

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
Well, I for one am glad to see the AWB had sunset.

The Canadians have their 305's and we get more low priced mags, folding stocks, cheaper postbans and oh, don't forget the bayo lugs. :mrgreen:

Post in the PX what ya want and maybe somebody will sell ya something at a good price. It's worth a try.

I've been thinking about building an Ak folder for myself.
Yeah, I know, why would I want an Ak ??
Because $#!! head John Kerry says I don't need an AK to deer hunt with. :evil:
They also make good close range guns too. :lol:

·
Registered
217 Posts
New york will allow so called assault weapons as long as they had been manufactured before 94' ban.Also mags as well no restriction on capacity unless in the five buroughs of New york citythen I believe its ten rounds.I have a few preban weapons and plenty of hicaps for myself along with post ban AK'S and M14'S and various "evil guns" I just cant believe educated modern thinking people especialy elected officials think a bayonet lug or a pistol grip can make a weapon more lethal.Look at the terrorists on 9/11 they had box cutters and managed to kill 3000 of our people.Go figure!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.