M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Full registration will begin in my state next year and this year they damn near got a semi-auto rifle ban though. The only thing that stopped it was Jerry Brown's veto.

To answer your post...is it coming? Sort of. We will never see confiscation but registration and miles of paperwork, taxes, and regulations that serve to narrow down the number of lawful gun owners will be the norm in the future.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Full registration will begin in my state next year and this year they damn near got a semi-auto rifle ban though. The only thing that stopped it was Jerry Brown's veto.

To answer your post...is it coming? Sort of. We will never see confiscation but registration and miles of paperwork, taxes, and regulations that serve to narrow down the number of lawful gun owners will be the norm in the future.
The only people who will own guns will be the super rich and their hirelings.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I saw the videos of people in CA that had their legally owned, and registered weapons confiscated, because, apparently, CA is abusing the background checks and are going after people that have outstanding tickets or are in arrears with child support, none of which should be grounds for having the police visit you and confiscate your weapons. It may not be an across the board confiscation program (yet) but they are using the background check and gun registration system as a tool to selectively confiscate weapons from people, for reasons other than those they claimed that the backgrond checks and registrations were inteneded.

·
Premium Member
4,684 Posts
I have sicker feelings now more than ever in my life. I have always thought my grand kids would see "real problems" (by real problems I mean where an armed citizenry would have to defend itself)....... now I feel I may see it. I love to shoot my rifles but in a way I am sort of afraid of shooting up the ammo I have........A few years ago I would never of even though that somewhere there would be a gov bureaucrat looking at this thread and taking a note of what I have said here and putting my name on a list.... but it is probably happening....Homeland security is building up arms and ammo...who is Homeland Security? probably the group that will become the national police force (aka Federallys sp. if you will) who will impose the will of the government upon it's citizens.
With the liberals voting more give away programs and getting more people on the government dole (handouts) and wanting every person standing on our soil (not necessary citizens much less contributing citizens) voting, we are fast approaching a point where good honest public servants who want to curb government power and promote individual rights will not have a change of getting elected..... from there it will be a downward spiral. I hate to sound like a negative guy....but look around... Look at the news....

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Reactions: GARRARD

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
just over 200 years ago a war started because the british came to take guns away. this country is full of cowards like a politician said a few years ago. it is. we also went to war over a tax that was nowhere near what it is now. our fore fathers are spinning in their graves like a lathe right now.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
How can the 'thread' discussions here swing back and forth like a pendulum?

GI2

What happened to---We've got the Politicians on the run?

Congress is afraid to even propose a bill?

We just won victories in Illinois and California and in Colorado with the Recalls...

Heck Yes, there's real issues in NY State, and Mass and many others...but WE are fighting back!

To ACCEPT that 'Gun Confiscation Is ON THE WAY! Seems To Me To YIELD THE FIELD!!!

I'm Just Saying...

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well, I would send them a copy of the letter they sent me, along with a copy of the 2nd Amendment highlighted in a bright color, and a photocopy of MOLON LABE with a middle finger. And then I would make sure all my mags are loaded and safety is off. I would also make sure I have a CCTV or some means of recording encounters in and on my property. I would also get the news media involved, as well as directly posting on social media. I would also pay to run an anonymous ad in the local paper stating (Until those who pass these unconstitutional laws enforce them themselves, Law Enforcement should be aware that many may not go home to see their familys again.)

I hate to think of the people in law enforcement that will be told to go and enforce this law. But then again, (Just following orders) will not be acceptable. Nazi's were hung for war crimes, and crimes against humanity when they tried to claim this. And the military also recognizes this. There is an article in the UCMJ regarding unlawful orders. Im sure there is the same for law enforcement. So those who abide by these orders must do so knowing the consequences.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Make no mistake

Registration leads to confiscation. It may not be today or tomorrow, but you can bet that if they know you have them, they will come and take them at the moment you need them most..

·
Registered
97 Posts
America is a bunch of CENSOREDGI, if the day ever comes where they tell you to turn your guns in the lines will miles long and nobody will do CENSOREDGI period, not even the hardest of the internet commandos

·
Banned
2,951 Posts
Make no mistake, the only reason for registration is confiscation. OUR government is led by tyrants, the same as the ones OUR ancestors killed or chased out of OUR country. History has a habit of repeating itself.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
How can the 'thread' discussions here swing back and forth like a pendulum?

GI2

What happened to---We've got the Politicians on the run?

Congress is afraid to even propose a bill?

We just won victories in Illinois and California and in Colorado with the Recalls...

Heck Yes, there's real issues in NY State, and Mass and many others...but WE are fighting back!

To ACCEPT that 'Gun Confiscation Is ON THE WAY! Seems To Me To YIELD THE FIELD!!!

I'm Just Saying...

CAVman in WYoming
49 of 62 Counties passed resolutions opposing the State's Anti-Gun "Safe Act"
The State passed it anyway...

Reactions: Thor

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
this months american rifleman has a full article on the whole "ammos gone cuz homeland security bought a billion rounds"

with a breakdown of homeland security branches (which includes ice and the uscg among others)

the american public is so freakin armed right now confiscation on a mass scale would be very difficult. Just think how many ar-15s have been sold in 2013, many to first time buyers!

The only people selling better than gun stores are the fear sites !

The occupied states are pushing the envelope of what should be allowed for states to do though and need reigning in.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Letter included "make, model, serial number...."

Private sales. They'll play hell confiscating rifles that they don't know you have.

Reactions: ABNAK
1 - 20 of 59 Posts