M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Didn't some court case say something about "brakes"? I recall reading that a "brake" vs. a "break" thus impliedly saying only "breaks" were "illegal".

Either way, I can definitely see how a flash hider might turn a person into a murderous lunatic.......
More people were Killed with a Pistol Grip and folding stock than a flash hider and bayonet Lug . I figured you all knew that!

Reactions: TheShooter and Deek

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe both muzzle brakes and flash suppressors are both banned features according to the safe (BS) act. It also bans threaded barrels designed to accommodate brakes or suppressors. I would think that a dummy flash suppressor that has been pinned to the barrel would be ok but I'm not certain. It's hard to believe that there are even crazier laws out there than the CT laws.

-Joe

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I think the safest way to go is to cut the flash hider just in front of the front sight. It is no longer a flash hider, it is now just a sight base.
If the ban is on the threaded barrel, that would not be sufficient unless you still weld or use a blind pin.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Did NYS Specify that the threads were illegal on the Muzzle end of the barrel or just say that threaded Barrels were illegal. If so than any Barrel that threads into a Receiver is NG. You would have to go to the "Slip in and Pin" method. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.