M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Try using a Ewing's scope mount. Simple design, adjustable for height, fore and aft placement of scope, and made of tool steel. It's a single point mount but I haven't seen one shoot loose. IMHO it doesn't get any better than this. It was designed and made by a world class M14 shooter and master gunsmith. and BTW it cost less than most mounts out there. The one pictured is his first design, he has another one available. DI5

·
Registered
923 Posts
Wow! Ugly, but simple!

Yeah, it won't win any beauty contests but it works, can't ask for anything more. I like the fact that you can put the scope low enough in order to negate the need for a cheek piece. In fact you have to remove the rear sight if you decide to mount the scope as low as it can go. Aluminum flexes under recoil which is why they make the mounts as thick as they do, to try and minimize the amount of flex and the vertical spline will eventually get battered over time. I carried an XM-21 for 18 months in the army using both Redfield ART 1's and Leatherwood ART 2's and saw it first hand. Though in fairness they saw more use than your typical M1A and generally under harsher conditions. The Numrich mount is simply a typical 2 point aluminum mount, nothing 4 point about it that I can see. And at 44-45 bucks your simply getting what you pay for. DI5

Added pictures of his latest model which has 4 position vertical adjustments and lightning cuts. Still made of Sterrett tool steel and has a baked parkerized finish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.