M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They make two types; original and blued replacement. Is the "original" a GI? I'm going to replace my SAI, even though there isn't a problem yet; that's what I'm trying to avoid. I'll buy two at $16.20 a pop if they are GI. Thanks for the help guys.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Highly doubt they are GI at that price. Numrich would know that GI extractors are going for upwards of $40 a pop.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I can't say what they are supplying now, but I bought some a few years ago and they were M1 Garand extractors, which work just fine. They looked USGI to me!

Ah, missed the 'blued replacement' which by definition would not be OEM or USGI..............

·
MGySgt USMC (ret)
7,066 Posts
This is the "reproduction" at $15.40:
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=1138730B&filter=M14+extractor&catid=0

This is the "original" at $16.20:
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=407700B&filter=M14+extractor&catid=0

I think the repro looks better, but I'm no expert. What do you guys think? Which one would you put in your rifle?
I can't tell by the picture whether the "original" is original G.I. or not. I can usually tell when I have them in my hand, but not often by a picture.

If I were to try either, it would only be the original one, but it could still be a repro or a Garand extractor which does work well. Sorry I can't do better than that.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just purchased a NOS Garand extractor for my SOCOM from"The Collector Source", $29.90 shipped. Spoke with Mr. Ricca first and he said he was out of them, however the folks at this place were GTG.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I bought an "original" one from Numrich a while back and it was a Garand extractor - looked really nice. However, it did not work in the bolt in my M1A. The bolt closed hard and it would not extract. For chuckles I ordered a blue one from them when I ordered some parts for another gun but haven't received it yet.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
I wouldn't trust numrich to sell anything quality/GI at a good price. I've not tried GI m14 parts from them but everything else I've bought from them has been garbage for the most part. Most of the parts won't fit without modification, some won't fit at all.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I now have one of each of the Numrich extractors. The attached photos show them. The one on the left is the "original" the one on the right is the "blue".

The "original one would not work in my bolt. The blue one looks exactly like the one in my SAI M1A.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I now have one of each of the Numrich extractors. The attached photos show them. The one on the left is the "original" the one on the right is the "blue".

The "original one would not work in my bolt. The blue one looks exactly like the one in my SAI M1A.

I am not a metallurgy expert, but the blued one looks cast and it looks like the cast forms are "off". I would be concerned about the reliability of that one, unless someone who knows better chimes in.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Numerich has been out of most USGI small parts for 5+ years.

If they get some more, they will be advertised as USGI, not "original" or "gi" or "mil spec". Numerich is not stupid, they just assume a large portion of their clientele are...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts