M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been lurking on the forum since I bought my first M1A about a year ago. I learned many things, the main thing being that I wanted to do an EBR build.

Currently comprised of:

- SAI NM M1A SN:285XXX, Burnt Bronze Ceracote
- 4x CMI magazines, Burnt Bronze Ceracote
- CASM aluminum mount (thanks Laz)
- J Point mini reflex sight
- J Point 45 degree mount
- AAC Blackout 51 tooth flash hider/compensator
- Fulton Armory gas cylinder
- Schuster adjustable gas plug
- SEI Tritium bar front sight
- Sadlak extended magazine and bolt catch release
- M3 breach shield
- Awaiting BATF stamp on my AAC 762SD-N6

Future additions:

- Glass (unsure which route I am going to go)
- Custom kydex foregrip and riser
- Bipod

I orignally had a tan stock on order, but got impatient when I heard NSG stock was available. I'm pretty happy with the way that turned out, I think the rifle looks great in that stock. My only issue is that my bolt catch will not properly engage, so I may reinstall the original.

I am going to try and post a range report by next week. Questions, comments, advice?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Lookin good!

Reactions: muir24

·
Registered
781 Posts
Great looking rifle, whats your intended use for it?

Reactions: muir24

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hunting the midwest plains, 200-400m. However, I have access to 54 square miles of range space so I would like trying to take this girl out as far as I can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'm excited to take posession. I had to get one after Kansas approved cans for hunting. Too bad the damn BATF takes forever.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Initial Range Report

Went to OMB Guns in Olathe, KS on the 19th. The initial purpose was to adjust my CASM mount so the rear peep was zeroed for 100m. However, I only shot a few groups because my rifle would not cycle. I thought it was due to a poor gas spindle installation when I switched out my unitized gas cylinder before the Sage install. Fidling with the spindle in between groups had no effect, so I put a pin in it and went to handguns since the range time isn't exactly cheap. I wasn't pleased. However, my problem wasn't the gas spindle. I never adjusted my gas plug out of the factory settings! I had that realization on Monday, becoming even less pleased but a bit relieved. I guess it just reinforces the fact that it is a good idea to get some range time after each change you make before going on to the next. Its also not a good idea to be an idiot. Anyway, I will get some time on a proper range in the near future and will post a legitimate report then.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Went to OMB Guns in Olathe, KS on the 19th. The initial purpose was to adjust my CASM mount so the rear peep was zeroed for 100m. However, I only shot a few groups because my rifle would not cycle. I thought it was due to a poor gas spindle installation when I switched out my unitized gas cylinder before the Sage install. Fidling with the spindle in between groups had no effect, so I put a pin in it and went to handguns since the range time isn't exactly cheap. I wasn't pleased. However, my problem wasn't the gas spindle. I never adjusted my gas plug out of the factory settings! I had that realization on Monday, becoming even less pleased but a bit relieved. I guess it just reinforces the fact that it is a good idea to get some range time after each change you make before going on to the next. Its also not a good idea to be an idiot. Anyway, I will get some time on a proper range in the near future and will post a legitimate report then.
I just had my Scout installed on a Sage EBR and it won't cycle. I had to manually cycle it between each round. What the heck changed? Do I need to adjust the gas plug? I'm not sure if that would fix my issue because it is really hard to pull the charging handle back to eject the case. It looks like the bolt is getting hung up. Any advice?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just had my Scout installed on a Sage EBR and it won't cycle. I had to manually cycle it between each round. What the heck changed? Do I need to adjust the gas plug? I'm not sure if that would fix my issue because it is really hard to pull the charging handle back to eject the case. It looks like the bolt is getting hung up. Any advice?
I want to revise this post as I'm having the same problem. Can anybody shed some light on this issue and maybe a solution?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts