M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been on here in quite awhile. Just getting around to posting this up to share.

I attended the 2014 NRA Convention in Indy this year. It was my first and won't be my last. At the Banquet the first night, I reluctantly entered a $100/ticket raffle with only 100 tickets being sold for an m1a signed by R. Lee Ermey himself. As I never win anything, I figured it was going to be a donation. I won. Came with a NIB m1a standard, signed hat and a KaBar knife. Needless to say, I was extremely pleased! As I already have a loaded model and a Socom II, this one will remain a safe queen for now.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Nice rifle and you just can't beat the price. It sounds like you have quite a "ménage au Springfield" going on ,now. Your a lucky guy , I've only got a pair.

Reactions: kc-griz

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
very cool
Lruss

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Great feeling, huh? Same for me, never won anything and then at a BMW motorcycle rally I won a new R65 BMW. Was really weird at the time. I musta looked stunned cuz one of the crowd brought me a glass of beer to quaff....................Congrats!

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,636 Posts
Great news and time to buy a Lottery ticket next.

DI5

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you going to use it? how are you going to preserve the signature. Nice rifle

MOLON LABE
Not planning on firing it. Haven't decided on whether to polyurethane or protect the wood or leave it natural. It's not going to be exposed to the daylight for extended periods so fading shouldn't be an issue. May keep it awhile then sell it when the time is right.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Get another stock and shoot it. Protect the stock with his signature.
This if you plan on shooting it. If you already have all the M1A you need, I'd let it collect dust and appreciate in value. It's always nice to have value tied up in something that can sell in a hurry, never know when a family emergency may come along. My cousins entire collection was sold to pay for his daughter's heart surgery when he didn't have insurance.

IF you do decide to finish the stock, buy a few pieces of walnut scrapwood, write on it with a sharpie, and test different oils and finishes on it. Last thing you want to do is put something on and find out it ruined the signature.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts