M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Token Libtard
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In general, I don't like the NRA. I don't think they are using member dues to protect 2A rights as much as they are keeping its top brass in penthouses, and when bump stocks were banned, they rolled over and showed their belly for Trump because he's a Republican. Now, I don't care much about bump stocks myself, but if/when it becomes an accessory or feature that I do care about, I don't want the nation's largest 2A-lobbying group to roll over for that, either.

That said, a lot of ranges/gun clubs require NRA membership because (and correct me if I'm wrong) one of the things the NRA is doing is funding these gun club & ranges for competitions, which keeps their doors open. While there are plenty of pro-2A groups I'd rather support, they aren't funding the ranges like the NRA is, so I'm stuck getting the NRA membership if I want to join the range/club, anyway.

Anyone else in a similar boat?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
The one club I am a member of, being nra affiliated, requires it. It keeps the club eligible for grants/etc.
The NRA is far from perfect. I belong to them and quite a few others. I'll kick money up to each of them. They each fight their battles. Sometimes, they don't invest into the battle you would like to see. Hence, why I belong to multiple (Goa, great lakes gr, mcrgo, jfpo, etc)

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Hi,
Like it or not, the NRA is the 800# Gorilla in the room in Washington!

When Hillary was running for Prez she got up on the podium and said to the Dims....

"Help me fight the NRA!!!"

There was a reason for that, and that was the NRA shut down her and Obozo, everytime they tried to pull one of their "Monkey Shines" while in the White House!!!

Thanks for supporting our 2A Rights!:cool:
tumblr_ovg004I39K1rzb817o1_500.jpg

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
My range doesn't require you to be a member but, they do encourage it. We run NRA matches on several of our ranges. Primarily on the "Big boy" 1000 yard range.

As stated above you may not agree with some of what the NRA does but, they have to pick the fights wisely.

The bump stock issue doesn't affect a majority of gun owners.

They need to focus on what serves the majority of gun owners

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm a member and do it as my part to help support 2A. However, the NRA would be about 1 million dollars ahead if they'd stop mailing **** every day.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,055 Posts
A lot of us here like certain groups over others. I prefer GOA and SAF but for about 5 years I gave money to and joined up to 9 different gun rights groups every year of those years, including the NRA. I agree they are not as aggressive as I like and I feel they let me down in CA about so called "assault weapons" bans and some other things, but they in fact do some good across the board and do fight for broad gun rights in D.C. and are loathed by gun grabbers so they are worth supporting in my opinion. If you ever go to gun shows, you know sometimes they will get you in free or discounted with a membership or renewal, which is cool.
m14brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts