M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The air force was the first for the M16. Thanks too them we now have very few M14 in service. In the army we called that a profile or medical reason for jim shoes. 8O

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Aw give the guys a break. It's hard being in the Airforce, always trying to look cool to cover up the fact that they should have joined the Army or the Marines. Plus the chow hall runs out of peach cobbler sometimes. Talk about hardship!!!!
:arm32: :arm40: :arm10: :arm4:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Lionseye said:
...Plus the chow hall runs out of peach cobbler sometimes. Talk about hardship!!!!
Yeah, that was always a bummer. The lobster tails were usually overcooked too (true story there).

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Quagmire said:
Lionseye said:
...Plus the chow hall runs out of peach cobbler sometimes. Talk about hardship!!!!
Yeah, that was always a bummer. The lobster tails were usually overcooked too (true story there).
Hey now,,the Lobster was Always good at my base,,, :D :D we did have it hard they cut out the Steak and Lobster on Fridays after the first year or so and made it so you could only have one or the other not both!! 8O .Good ole DMAFB in Tucson,,great place!! :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
k_randomfactor said:
doesn't really surprise me. PJ's are a top shelf group. really high speed, low drag outfit.

chris
========================
Yeah, just wait until you see the new USAF version of the Navy MK14 Mod O. The old warhorse ain't dead by longshot (no pun).

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Don't know about lobster , wouldn't eat it anyway , but chow at an Air Force mess was always superb , compared to Navy chowhalls. The omlets at Lajes Field , Azores would sink a skiff. They were HUGE and GOOD!

·
Registered
137 Posts
A former AF armorer / bro who worked with the PJ's tells me that the M-14 in the air force is not considered a standard/TO weapon, so he used to get in a wringer from time to time for working on them in his MoS.

All my rifles have a nickname. I applied the Air Force's official classification as the nickname for my M1A:

"Shark Repeller"

--Fargo007

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
m1a_scoutguy said:
Hey now,,the Lobster was Always good at my base,,, :D :D we did have it hard they cut out the Steak and Lobster on Fridays after the first year or so and made it so you could only have one or the other not both!! 8O .Good ole DMAFB in Tucson,,great place!! :)
That was at Ramstein AB Germany in 1983. AF chow is generally pretty good though. ;)

I was active duty 1980 - 1990: Moody AFB, Ramstein AB, and George AFB. When I got out I was a field engineer with Raytheon for 4 years supporting ECM pods at various active duty, guard & reserve bases, then went civil service and was stationed at Misawa & Aviano before ending up here at Eglin.

We have a test team that goes out to DM ~ once a year. You're right, it's a nice place! :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think you're right! More comfy looking than my jungles.. Too bad those aren't authorized wear.. not to mention we're switching to a new boot.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.