M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that #1 (one of several, I hope) is finished, how do I determine what it's worth? I"m not considering selling, it's just that I need a put a value on it for insurance purposes. She's a SA post ban recvr. with 1963 unissued SA GI barrel. All other major components (trigger, etc) are SA USGI, and all small parts are GI also. Not a single commercial part on her. I have two stocks, both GI. One is walnut, other is NICE tiger striped birch.

I know what the parts totaled, and I know what the 'smith cost me, but I think she's worth more that that. Any suggestions/ideas?

·
Banned
611 Posts
Guns are kinda funny for resale value. You probably know what a gun shop would give you for it. If you sold it yourself then it's worth whatever someone will be willing to pay for it. All the gi parts may make it more valuble to the guys here but in reality the insurance company is gonna look at replacement value for a like factory made rifle. They could care less about custom work usually. We have a stated value policy for ours and it works just like it sounds but it's expensive and even if I did have to use it it would probably not pay out good enough to replace all of them.
The value is probably gonna be no more than any other post ban out there to be honest.
Unless you sold it yourself and describe it like you did here. :D

·
Registered
846 Posts
ita's priceless.

leave yourself plenty of wiggle room and insure it for at least $2000. that way you won't have to update your policy every couple of months, as prices continue to spiral up on everything M14.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.