M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had wanted an M14 for a some time and have casually lurked around the forums for a while, but never participated. Cost was always my hurdle, but made the plunge after hearing about the Dupage parts kits. Got in even further upon hearing of the sale on Bula barreled receivers.

So here I am, the proud owner of a new to me M14, and loving it. I haven’t been able to shoot yet, still need to put the internals in the bolt.

I also took a chance and ordered an HRA barrel from Apex to put aside for a future build. I’ll try to go all USGI (other than receiver of course) and all HRA on that one just to make it that much more special.

I have learned a lot already but still have a lot to learn. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better. Thank you all for sharing your expertise.

·
Administrator
17,200 Posts
Welcome on board daryan1203, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great week.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Southwest Idaho say Hi! Formerly from the southside of Chi-town and later around the Peoria area. Nice place------------------------- to be from.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Welcome from Pa

I snagged one of those barrels from APEX as well

1.5 on erosion gauge , wished I had bought 2

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Welcome aboard! Yes it is easy to get in deep in this passion we call a hobby.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So Ca desert!

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
A couple of years from now you will realize you weren’t in to deep when the next one comes.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

I’m from Elmhurst, which is about 20 miles west of Chicago. I’m not far from Windy City Sourcing!
Welcome.

Well if you are close to Mike you have a great source for USGI parts. He is knowledgeable and friendly....backs his parts 100 percent. I have been dealing with him for years and am proud to call him a friend.

I have cousins in Naperville, an uncle in Evanston and a daughter in Lincoln Park and I used to live in Orland Park, still I'm glad I moved.

Again welcome to a great forum where you'll find most people know what they are talking about.

RenGI2

1 - 20 of 26 Posts