M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Effective immediately, we will have a zero tolerance policy towards posting ads that are also listed on auction sites.

If the staff finds a ad that is listed on a auction site, the ad will be deleted and the member will have their PX/BX privileges suspended for 60 days.

It won't matter whether you have not read the ROEs, forgot about it or ignored it. The end result will be the same.

A second offense will result in termination of PX/BX selling privileges.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hawk, I have no dog in this hunt. I have nothing for sale. Just curious. Why?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Integrity

I agree with the forum rules. I think loyalty to forum members, being fair and square with each other reflects the measure of integrity an organization and it's members have.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Hawk, I have no dog in this hunt. I have nothing for sale. Just curious. Why?
I would think it's because if a seller lists an item here for $25 and someone on an auction site bids $40 you may hike up the price or ask a potential buyer to pay more than $40. Not really fair you know.

Now a flip side I'd like to ask... What if you run a buy it now option that is the same price you have it listed here? Typically I'll have a lower starting bid amount but a buy it now for what I'd ask here (not talking a huge difference in price). Of course I understand this means more work for the staff so a no go policy across the board will be easiest and I fully understand it. Just asking.

As a side note I've listed items on GB.com and had members here ask for a better deal which I've accepted (mostly because they're members here).

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On some auction sites, once a bid has been placed, the buy it now option goes away. Hypothetically, if a person posts here that they will take it for the buy it now price and someone simultaneously submits a bid on the auction site, he technically wins as hios bid counts. The member here who said he'd take it is to put it mildly...would be a$$ed out.

The whole reasoning behind the policy/rule is one of fairness.

We have enough problems with the occassional misunderstanding or transaction going south, we don't need any more.

Hope that satisfactorally answers it.GI2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts