M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Oh no, not another new guy! Looks like I just found another way to waste time while "working" ! LOL

For me, I have an early M1A, SN 50XX, but I'm looking to learn more, meet some people with similar interests, and possibly build another M14 style rifle.

Currently, I'm toying with the idea of purchasing the CMP starter kit and taking it from there. Up to about 2 weeks ago, I wasn't even thinking about it...

While building another rifle will be fun, unfortunately, I live in California so I may have my challenges.

Regarding the M14 rifle, in my opinion, this is one of the best platforms ever. In fact, if I had to choose only one rifle (and thank goodness I don't have to), then the M14/M1A would be my choice.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum, enjoy. I also live in CA but I went ahead and built a really fine M1A anyway. I hope THEY don't find out. Glad your here!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. Other than a few really irritating restrictions a build here is pretty much ok. You'll find lots of people here with a lot of info to help with your build. Have a good time, looking forward to your posts showing your progressl

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, mls343, new people are always welcome, they bring new things with them. GI2 I know you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome from another Nor Cali! Just be sure you want to commit to this site. One build will cause someone to show you their build, then you will have to start another build cause their build was so nice and the next thing you know you WILL have a secret Cash account envelope in your desk at work. It's called " Skimming" the paycheck for your next m1a build.

Oh and don't even go into the M16 room... Before you know it you'll have 5 more of those too!

This is a great place with great people with great knowledge!

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Welcome aboard! Always nice to welcome another new member. Ca is pretty well represented here on the board as you can probably tell. MCORPS1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts