M14 Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

· Registered
3,149 Posts
I have been looking for shorter pistol tubes. I have the Strike Industries 5.5 inch, but haven't had any luck finding anything else that is smooth and reasonably priced. I question the SI tube because it has small indetentions for brace set screws.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Dead foot arms makes the shortest. It also uses a modified bolt. The only other really short one I've seen is on Bushmaster AR pistols, it's like 3 1/2 to 4 inches.

· Registered
339 Posts
I have been looking for shorter pistol tubes. I have the Strike Industries 5.5 inch, but haven't had any luck finding anything else that is smooth and reasonably priced. I question the SI tube because it has small indetentions for brace set screws.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
On the work sheet that if those 'small indentations" are considered notches?
AR-type Pistol Buffer Tube with Adjustment Notches (KAK-type)
1 points
I have one, but I was planning to use it without a brace for the cheek shooting position and also to shorten the overall length if needed.
2. The weapon must have an overall length between 12 and 26 inches.
I looked and mine does have multiple indentations on it.

Once the final rules come down, there will likely be a lot compliant tubes on the market. They are not so hard to make. The springs and the short buffer for the pistol length buffer tube will require more effort to make.

· Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,899 Posts
I ordered 5 smooth tubes with foam a year ago when they were cheap, I think I paid 10$ each for them. I have since converted 2 of my pistols to carbines, they had 10 1/2" barrels and I used two of the KAK 6" flash hiders to the barrels, now I need to pin and weld them.
Retro AR15 Extended Flash Hider 1/2-28 - 6 Inch

eQ

41 - 43 of 43 Posts