M14 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Good to hear that things are gong well for you. Good builders have long lead times for a reason.

Tony.
Indeed! I've waited 2 years and some odd months on three different times for custom bolt action rifles from a nationally known gunsmith. Just send the components in or order the gun and the gunsmith will supply everything except payment, that's where we come in...whatever is required, then put it out of your mind (if you can). When the call comes it's like Christmas.

·
Banned
4,216 Posts

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Anybody know where in the web store I can find the proprietary operating rod guide for the 5R-20 barrel?

I can't seem to work the Interweb so good.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
I don't want to phone bomb him, as I know he's doing Army Man stuff, but I'm kind of tempted to be that little kid saying, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

I just got the scope I want to try mounting with the DSM, a Vortex 4-16x44 FFP, and I'm getting itchy to have something to mount it to!

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Anybody know where in the web store I can find the proprietary operating rod guide for the 5R-20 barrel?

I can't seem to work the Interweb so good.

I would think that it will come with the barrel MuppetMeat4me...
The one on my SuperMatch just slides on and is glued with green locktite...
Came loose once and I just glued it back on

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
I would think that it will come with the barrel MuppetMeat4me...
The one on my SuperMatch just slides on and is glued with green locktite...
Came loose once and I just glued it back on
It either didn't come with mine, or I lost it without ever noticing.

Either are possible.RNGR1

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
It either didn't come with mine, or I lost it without ever noticing.

Either are possible.RNGR1

Then e-mail or give him a call! He called me to confirm my barrel order first of the month while I was lining up my Jeep for the annual Jeep run out here.
4/5 weeks wait for me... For the barrel he ordered from Kreiger to get to him!

No idea when he can get it to Tony Ben to install on my reciever

Reactions: MuppetMeat4Me

·
Premium Member
7,722 Posts
I tell ya Jon and Jd are some of my favorite people. I look for an excuse to run my parts down to North Carolina!

Jon you stay safe!! I guess JD is tending the store.

Can't wait to make another run down to North Carolina.

Ren

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
So, I can't send my rifle parts in to you to have you build it?
My question is hilarious to me because there I was, sitting in my section class in college econometrics class. The TA erases the exam date and while erasing the date she says that the date for the exam is being moved to a week later. She them continues to write the new date for the exam on the dry erase board.
Literally, right after she writes the new date, this kid asks if the previous changed date is not when the exam is taking place.
I could not take it. This kid had been, all semester, asking the dumbest questions. I had had it.
I blurt out, "you got to be #$$%*G kidding me with that question, seriously dude?", the TA asked me to stay after so she could talk to me.
I stayed after and got her number. lol
We had a good time after the semester was over 2 weeks later.
That was 5 years ago. I can imagine what goes on in todays college world. In todays oppressed society. lol

Dutch
I'm not judging you or whatever the person teaching the econometrics class did. But there is decorum, there are standards, and it is set out in the University's handbook. And there are lines you don't cross because because they eventually get blurred and you have lawsuits and all the dirt spills out.

At the best place I ever lectured, she'd been fired- because one way or another it all comes out in academia. At the worst place she'd screwed her way up the line and probably be in administration.

She should have been fired. A student is a student- and even 5 years ago I can't imagine even the most backwards Big 10, SEC, or ACC school allowing that. Even if the class is over, university employees were not to have an relationship that could compromise the integrity of a person in a position of authority with a student.

I can tell you what happens when that goes on...

In a COB one place I taught the following went down and is gradually coming apart:

This was over a decade ago. I was finished with the Phd, I was a lecturer in economics and I was presenting at a conference to keep the powers that be happy. They also reimbursed me gasoline and a hotel and I got to ride out to the conference, that was the only thing good. At the conference this idiot grad student at the same conference is there and he gets drunk and tells his dept's business on front street.

He had a Tenure Track committee member who kept trying to get him to hook up with student from South Dakota- "Oh no one will ever find out, she's not in your class anymore, and what happens in school stays in school".

We all later found out it was because Tenure Track Committee Member wanted leverage- they'd have to fire the idiot grad student(a bugaboo unlikely to happen because of who endowed his fellowship). Tenure track prof wanted to sleep with a student of his who was SD Girl's sorority sister. Finally, after a lot of talk they were both inappropriately involved with the sorority sisters, and the tenure track Asst Prof got his "mistress" into grad school(her GRE was less than 900 combined and her analytical writing was kindergarten level- it was a disgrace. I taught her in graduate intro to macro using Romer's book and she could not understand time series equations to save her life- that is basically an undergrad text). Well, ol' tenure track got his mistress pregnant, and then had to divorce the mother of his two children to marry the girl he'd just knocked up.

At the same time Tenure Track was drinking, carousing, and gambling buddies with his department head and the department head knew all. Dept Head didn't do anything but instead used it to get himself out of a pickle. Both men had a habit of going down to NOLA and BR on the University's plane with other employees and the department head was into a ******* about $15k and the vig was points and a half doubled on each week late on the principal. He had a week to go to pay off the $15k and avoid vig and his tenure track Asst Prof carousing buddy paid it off.

Years later, the guy who was Tenure Track became a department chair, then became a program coordinator endowed by a charitable foundation . He got found out doing something inappropriate, they demoted him back to just full tenured. He decided to sue the University two years ago and it's all coming out piece by piece. He had to prove standing to sue in federal court and there has been- AN EXTENSIVE DISCOVERY PROCESS.

I had a piece of mail from the federal court about a week ago from Asheville, and I said "I bet I know what's inside for me..." Luckily it was a jury duty notice. When you move states away from a school to get rid of the stink of the place and it totally turns you off academia- that should tell you something. I figured I was going to be subpoenaed in some arcane way via Federal Court in Asheville to have to go back to that cesspool. Not yet but I watch the mail.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
I tell ya Jon and Jd are some of my favorite people. I look for an excuse to run my parts down to North Carolina!

Jon you stay safe!! I guess JD is tending the store.

Can't wait to make another run down to North Carolina.

Ren
Haven't met either, but both have been helpful, straightforward, and probably most importantly for me, patient. RNGR1

I'm that kid that asks those dumb questions.

I did once date a grad student as an undergrad, but I wasn't her student, so it wasn't nearly as naughty.

On our last date, I forgot my ID, so I couldn't go into a bar with her. She went in to talk to some friends and forgot about me.

It was probably good to have a defining moment like that before I started to really like her. GI1

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.