M14 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WE have become extremely backlogged. I am putting a temporary pause on any new work until September 15th 2018.

The web-store will remain open and continue accepting orders with a 5 to 10 lead on shipping.

All orders for M14 receivers and parts will be filled, but any order for barreled actions or complete rifles between now and September 15th will be date stamped as if received on 15 September. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we are currently overrun.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
So, I can't send my rifle parts in to you to have you build it?
My question is hilarious to me because there I was, sitting in my section class in college econometrics class. The TA erases the exam date and while erasing the date she says that the date for the exam is being moved to a week later. She them continues to write the new date for the exam on the dry erase board.
Literally, right after she writes the new date, this kid asks if the previous changed date is not when the exam is taking place.
I could not take it. This kid had been, all semester, asking the dumbest questions. I had had it.
I blurt out, "you got to be #$$%*G kidding me with that question, seriously dude?", the TA asked me to stay after so she could talk to me.
I stayed after and got her number. lol
We had a good time after the semester was over 2 weeks later.
That was 5 years ago. I can imagine what goes on in todays college world. In todays oppressed society. lol

Dutch

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Dutch,

Does that mean you'll be sending your rifle parts to Wolfe before Sept? I think he has a backlog but is installing temporary pauses on all new rifles built before Sept 15. That is a good deal since temporary pauses usually can't be install by just anyone.

DI5

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Question I've been getting around to asking, Maybe others would be interested in the answer as well...

Can we buy parts as part of a kit package through the 'build your own rifle' option on your website, minus the assembly fee?

Narrowing down my build fantasy, I'm falling from my lean into the ravine of your 'special memorial day run' rifle, one way or another. If there's a pricing advantage to acquiring all the stuff at once, that'd be nice :)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
It appears Mr. Wolfe is still not accepting work, I’ve been calling his shop for 2 weeks and emailed him once to purchase one of his barrels and get it installed/head spaced on my Bula receiver...Just called again today and his voice mail box is full...

If Jon’s voice mail message didn’t say, “I’ll get back to you in 24 hours” or if Jon took 60 seconds and updated this thread I wouldn’t be making this post...

Mac GI9

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
I talked to him last week on the phone. So far as I know, builds are still going on, but right now the work schedule is squeezed.

Officially Got in line 2 or three weeks before that when I sent him my receiver for a barrel and bolt.

Before that I talked to him to let him know what I was thinking.

It would be nice, of course, if he was getting back to everybody within 24 hours. It would also be nice if he had a full-time receptionist, but right now I get the impression that he's buried and focusing on getting his back log cleared up.

I am purely speculating, but based on recent experience, what he's told me, right now from the time he has something to start with, assuming he needs to wait for it, you're looking 4-8 weeks from the time he gets it. Again, I am not making promises on his behalf, just my SWAG based on rough estimates and my current process underway.

At the moment, I don't think e-mail or leaving a voice message is an effective means of communication. The best resort is to use the phone like the old days, if you call and get through, make the most of it. If you don't, try again.

In the past, when I was purely speculating and feeling things out, I got prompt responses from e-mail and/or voice mail. At the moment, my batting average just trying to catch 'Real Live Jon' is probably at about 30%. I call about 3:00-4:00 EST, and if I get him, great, and if not, I do it again when convenient. He's certainly not avoiding calls, but I think he grabs the phone if it's not going to peel him off of something critical, and it's by him. One time I called him, and he was in the middle of a bedding job. He explained, and called me back an hour or so later.

It would be nice if he was prompter returning messages, but given that spurts of this have not been rare with small operations, I'm not bothered, and I roll it into the cost of my effort to roll it forward, just like if you were a project manager dealing with a contractor who did a great job, is exactly what you want, but you've got to allocate a little more time following up on your orders than if you simply used Amazon.

For some things, I just use Amazon. For this thing, for me personally, I'm happy to play tag, you're still not it, tag again...

Just my perspective, for whatever use that is. GI1

·
Banned
4,216 Posts
The turn around time on my NM trigger job was outstanding, as is the trigger. This was a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Gents

I am on active orders for the next 22 months. Long commutes to my duty station and training areas. Not home more than a few days a week and completely out of the loop after July 1, 2019.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this happened in a hurry and I cannot accept any work until I return to a normal schedule in Oct. 2020. I have limited time to finish the work I already have in the shop during my days off and weekends. My voicemail is currently full and I have not had an opportunity to clear it out and take note of all the messages.

Please note, all my barrels can be purchased through the webstore and I have one person in the shop filling orders and building Mod-Fib stocks.

If you have a question that can be answered by email, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Jon.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I am very fortunate that he completed my rebuild on a Fed Ord rifle earlier this year and then did two trigger jobs plus an EBR chassis install while I was at the shop. It helps that I was only a bit over 100 miles from his shop and his service made the trip well worthwhile.

Nelson

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Glad I squeaked in on the barreling. Thanks for working your days off.

Also glad to hear you've got somebody building mod-fib stocks. I know where I can put extra money when it materializes. GI1.

Once I get a working rifle together, would like to get in line for final QA/Corrections, bedding, you know, fix what I might have hosed, etc.

Thanks and thanks again!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I had a one of his Barrels mounted on my GWLA receiver/ TRW Bolt , last month & it was a very fast turn around time , I must of snuck in there some how , good for me & a great job from Mr. Wolfe .

·
Banned
4,216 Posts
I think your customers are lucky they have someone who values service to our country over dollars in the door. Thank you for all you do, militarily and commercially. As hytekrednek says, stay safe.
He done said it for me.

Reactions: hytekrednek
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.