M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a love for my rifle most of my life. I never could find the exact one I was looking for so I just bought one! It is a green stock Scout Squad from SA. I have had it for about four months and have not fired it yet. I installed a Desert Warrior spring set, Sadlak spring guide, Sadlak Tin coated piston, BufferTech recoil buffer. I am going to buy a Vltor stock and install a GG&G lower rail, SureFire M900A weapon light, EOTech 552.xr308 halographic sight, switch out the bolt for a LRB and an American made trigger group. Duracoat the weapon in Multicam.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, August, sounds like you have modified and unknown, I think I would have shot it first. Don't forget to have the rifle headspaced after you change the bolt and before shooting it. I'm sure you will find the forums very informative and I know you will enjoy being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
+1 for Federal. I think it is great you have put so much thought into building your dream rifle, however, like so many things in life, you should probably make sure it works the way it should early on. A lot of changes could cause your warranty to be voided. Just a thought.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply's I will be sure to fire this rifle before I go any further in fact I will replace the oe parts and start from there so I get the full aspect of the rifle before mods. thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts