M14 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
shoots well in my m1a scout. havent had a problem yet. knock on wood. good range ammo
Just my luck, went to the range today. One of the Norma rounds crapped unburnt powder all over the internals. I pulled my op rod handle back to clear the chamber and the bullet itself got separated from the casing!! No idea how that happened. Now there is unburnt gun powder all over the bolt and trigger group. Had to end the day there, and now time for a deep clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
698 Posts
Just my luck, went to the range today. One of the Norma rounds crapped unburnt powder all over the internals. I pulled my op rod handle back to clear the chamber and the bullet itself got separated from the casing!!
This particular bullet got stuck in the barrel's lands, and was pulled from the case when the cartridge was retracted from the chamber? To what overall length is this ammo loaded?

I've been using Norma .223 Remington, which I think is marketed as TAC-223 in my ARs for a couple years with great results. I initially bought some for the brass, but have been buying it ever since, because it's been good range ammo, with great brass as a bonus.

I bought a few boxes of their Golden Target 6.5 Creedmoor ammo a few months ago, but haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This particular bullet got stuck in the barrel's lands, and was pulled from the case when the cartridge was retracted from the chamber? To what overall length is this ammo loaded?
To my knowledge, yes? Or I am recalling now though, I tried to catch the bullet from ejecting too far by placing my hand over the opening and maybe when it ejected, the head of the bullet got hit with enough force where it basically popped out and spread the gunpowder everywhere. It happened pretty fast so now I’m not 100% sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Norma .308 147gr Tactical (ball ammo).
Chrono results.
Average fps at muzzle 2789
Highest fps at muzzle 2816
Lowest " " 2745
Extreme spread 70
Std Dev 20.2
No shots 10

Always shoots good just dirtier than Federal. 22" 1-11 med barrel.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Some mention of the Norma 147gr Tactical .308, and some groups, in this MAC video at 1:20 -

Shot some really impressive groups at 100 yds with it.

More Norma ammo and targets later in the video.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a new member who recently acquired a Springfield loaded… I can second the pulled bullet and powder spill. I stockpiled Norma (147gn) as a reputable brand leading up to my purchase. Fired 100 rounds on the first outing (only so far) and had amazing accuracy! Norma performed way better than I expected…with accuracy probably around 1 to 2 inches @100. Coming from ak’s and other poor boy guns… my mind was blown by how boring this Rifle was at 300 yards! BUT! Around halfway thru my adventures I paused in a 20 rd magazine. Slowly extracted the chambered round easily with little to no resistance only to watch in slow motion as the cartridge bumped my hand and flopped the bullet! I was easy enough on the op rod that most if not all powder remained in the case. This post is getting long… I wasn’t worried enough to stop. No marks on bullet. Kept feeding her and never another hiccup thru the next 50-60 rounds. Excellent accuracy throughout!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also…the stumpy pictures on their website is very misleading. Overall cartridge length is on par with any other 308 cartridge I’ve seen. Don’t have the proper tools to measure…but if anyone is worried I could send a comparison pic with a top quality tape measure so you can sleep easy knowing how Stanley compares

21 - 30 of 30 Posts