M14 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 192 Posts
My Norinco is M14 001397 CJA SFLD MICH. Came originally with fake flash suppressor (2) 5 round mags and Chu wood stock. Excellent shooter. The original Chinese serial numbers are on the bolt,op rod,and trigger group. Another number appears on the bottom of the bolt(prior to it's being parked) 6-P 67. Hope these help............Mike

I don't know if I have provided this info before, but I purchased a stripped receiver in 1999. I was told it was the last of a batch of 50 brought in by Century. Has the Chicom barrel locking hole in the receiver thread area.

Serial number is faint on the port side beneath the rear sight "92xx"

Serial number is repeated same location but lower on the receiver leg.

No other markings are present.

Clint McKee built it into a rack grade plus for me in 2000 or 2001 and identified it as a Norinco.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
OODA_Loop, your information is consistent with verbal (Internet post) reports and Norinco receiver photographs on file. I've not read or heard any information to the contrary. AFAIK, the very late CAI imported Norinco receivers have serial numbers starting with "9". Some are four digits and some are five digits but they start with the number 9. This is one of a number of research topics I'm gathering information on. I don't have it nailed down yet.

Here's my contribution;

M-14 .308 NORINCO
MADE IN CHINA CJA SFLD, MI 0094XX

All markings are on the left side, here are the numbers below the stock line;4 3 20 25 24

This rifle was off of the first batch that Marstar had shipped to Canada.

21 - 40 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.