M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make a gas valve that can be hand operated or at least operated with a quarter coin and not require a screwdriver? I would not mind an oz of extra weight for that.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
This guy has really strong nails. Ha! The gas valve is designed to be turned with either the rim of a cartridge case or the M14 combination tool. Screw driver not required.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is required in mine. I cannot rotate it with a quarter coin as it has to be pressed pretty far in in order for the roll pin to disengage from the notches on the gas system. I've tried and now I have a bent quarter that does not go into wending machine slots.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a brand new rifle shot for the very first time. The gas valve is not TIGHT - the roll pin is simply stuck in the notches. As soon as the valve is depressed enough, it can be turned w/o any effort.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
I was thinking of hooking mine up to an electric motor, but the cord wouldn't reach as far out as the rifle range. Mayby one of those 4 cylinder engines like they used to use on the Mule. That would be power enough.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
This is a brand new rifle shot for the very first time. The gas valve is not TIGHT - the roll pin is simply stuck in the notches. As soon as the valve is depressed enough, it can be turned w/o any effort.
That's how it works. You depress it then turn.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
i never use my gas valve....

you launching alot of grenades?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I like to do demonstrations for the AR crowd on what they used before they got the 40MM stuff. Most don't know what the heck a rifle grenade is.

I think the Israelis however still use the concept.

Plus if you use an M82 blank, you can do it places you couldn't otherwise shoot because it only goes 100 yards and lands relatively harmlessly. And M82 (or equivalent) blanks are cheap anyway.

The real M64s put a hellacious strain on the stock, are expensive (4 bucks a pop), and shoot the thing way too far!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts