M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just found the forum, got my SOCOM ordered a couple of days ago and was google searching, low and behold, here I am.

Hopefully my rifle will be here tomorrow or Monday. I've been drooling over it since I first saw a review of it 8-9 years ago.

I'm mostly a lurker on forums, so don't expect a super high post count out of me! Just thought I'd say hi.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Welcome from Texas. M14Dale , congratulations on your new SOCOM. Check out the different forums here , read the stickys , and make sure to watch the TonyBen tutorial videos to help you learn dissassembly /assembly and how to keep your rifle , cleaned , properly lubed , and running right.

·
Administrator
17,403 Posts
You have made right decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often M14Dale.

DI5

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome from Indianapolis. I too am a new SOCOM 16 owner. I almost feel that we new SOCOM 16 Owners need a Reunion. There sure are many of us (and that is just us who joined today). :>)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the welcome!

I picked the rifle up Friday night, I got out to the range Sunday to do some shooting. I brought along some foreign 7.62 NATO rounds I've had for years.

I hung a target at 100yds and shot off of a sandbag on the bench. I shot 40 rounds, in 5 shot groups. The sights were close out of the box, I ended up 5 clicks up and 2 to the right. The smallest 5 shot group was probably just under 2.5" while I was sighting it in.

I agree with the comments that the front sight is wide for precision shots (it was wider than the paper I was shooting). Perhaps a set of regular M1A sight will be in my future. I have a 2-7x32mm scout scope ordered, so it will be interesting to see what it can do then.

Well, enough babbling, on to the pics!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Welcome from your neighbor to the north.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts